Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Waltc Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I read in another place that D:OS 2 was supposed to have received an HDR patch (I'm on the very latest GOG Galaxy update of the game and so assume I am current), and the game really looks sort of punk on my HDR monitor (see hardware list below) when enabled--it's very flat. Doesn't look as nice as standard D3d. Indeed, my monitor has an HDR-Emulation mode that actually noticeably improves on the normal D:OS2 D3d display--the mode is designed for non-HDR programs, to give them the look of a much higher dynamic range display. It works well, but that is hardly the point with regard to D:OS2 supporting HDR.

Here's the thing: another HDR game I own, Obduction, looks drop-dead gorgeous on the same HDR monitor, same OS version, same hardware. The game looks so much better in fact, that now when running it I find that the normal, non-HDR mode looks downright shabby--and this is a game that I thought was beautiful--before I saw it in HDR! HDR is my standard play for Obduction now.

Just wondering if Larian is aware of this issue--or even gives it much in the way of priority. D: OS2 is a feast for the eyes normally, but can't help thinking how much better it could look with an HDR mode like Obduction is using!

Hardware:

Windows10x64 v1903, build 18362.10005
19.8.1 Adrenalins
AMD 50th Anniversary 5700XT
Aorus Master x570 UEFI bios F5l (1003ABB)
Corsair HX-850 PSU (72a x1 12v rail)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8Ghz default clock, 4.4+GHz boost
RAM 16GB 2x8GB, Patriot Viper Elite PV416G320C6K @3200mhz 16 16 16 36 1T
LG MultiDrive DVD writer SATA
Boot: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 250GB (UEFI boot partition)
2x 1TB WD Blue 7200 rpm S3
ST2000DM S3 2TB
ST4000DM004 S3 4TB
BenQ EW-3270U 4k, HDR10 monitor (This is by far the best monitor I've ever owned, btw)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Support
Support

AFAIK there were limitations with the HDR implementation due to adding it for the Definitive Edition.

Waltc Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

AFAIK there were limitations with the HDR implementation due to adding it for the Definitive Edition.

OK...thanks...probably a late addition...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard