Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
My apologies if this is the wrong board or if topic already exists, I tried looking around but saw none.

I just saw this drop. The ability to toggle sprinting is a welcome addition. Not sure about the new crafting recipes as as far as I know you still have to discover them. That said, some of those alterations do warn that they are permanent (fort joy magic mirror, crafter kit, animal empathy, and herb gardens to be exact) so I have questions:

The "permanent" warning, is it global from here on for any new and preexisting save file, or specific to the game file you are playing at the time?

I'm currently doing a trophy sweep run and was wondering if this is like on PC where if you use mods, trophies are disabled? Because relating to my previous question, would suck if you lock yourself out of trophies permanently just because you can't disable a mod...

Any info would be appreciated. My google-fu is weak and have not found anything on this as of yet. Or maybe its cause its fairly soon after it dropped so no info yet? Either way, any info please share =)

Support
Support

The mods that are permanent affect all saves made after that point, in that playthrough; it would not affect existing saves, or saves in a new game (though given the limited space allocated for saves on console, it would be better to start the game from a different PS4 account, if available, if you wanted to have multiple playthroughs going at the same time).

Yes, trophies will be disabled if any of the mods are enabled. There is a second warning about that if you confirm the warning about being unable to disable some mods.

journeyman
journeyman
Luckily I only do one play through at a time. laugh

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

The mods that are permanent affect all saves made after that point, in that playthrough; it would not affect existing saves, or saves in a new game (though given the limited space allocated for saves on console, it would be better to start the game from a different PS4 account, if available, if you wanted to have multiple playthroughs going at the same time).

Yes, trophies will be disabled if any of the mods are enabled. There is a second warning about that if you confirm the warning about being unable to disable some mods.

Thank you. That is what I was afraid of.

I mean, disabling trophies while mods are on I can see and understand since its been a thing in games for a while, but the part about them providing you said mods and making some of them permanent seems like an oversight or at the very least an odd choice all things considered because then it discourages using the "presents" they are giving us if we care at all about the trophies, since activating them will bar us from ever even trying for them in the future. Odd they wouldn't be able to be toggled on/off just in case you forget to take them off while making a new file, since being on the game menu I assume means it remembers its on even if you exit game.

Oh well, guess I won't get to test them out for a long time since I'm still halfway through the honor run and my play time is limited

Support
Support

The mods that are permanent are ones that make changes that are difficult or impossible to cleanly undo.

Permanent mods are only permanent in that specific playthrough, in saves made after they are enabled. They are off by default if you start a new game, or load an earlier save.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh so I can use them on a different playthrough and still finish my trophy run so long as I don't also enable them on that run? Excellent. Thank you. That definitely changes things.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard