Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello Larian Forums,

I have been making a custom GM campaign for me and my friends to play but have run across an issue that is preventing me to from continuing it. I currently have two levels (2x2 patches and 3x2 patches) that are what I would say are "complete" at least in the editor stage of development. My first map (2x2) works perfectly and has everything completed to make it a working GM mode level. The second I recently added to the mod package by republishing my current addon locally for testing in GM mode.

When I attempted to load the scene it was refusing to load. The other level loads perfectly but it is getting stuck at 40% loading. Has anyone had this issue and how can I fix it? I can provide further details such as screenshots, any error messages I get etc. but honestly, I am pretty stumped and really disheartened given that I am spending a good deal of time making these maps, everything from concepts to story ideas and even a few custom scripts (I should add, the only two main differences between the two maps is that the second has a custom story (just digspots) and it also includes a sub-region that is 2x1 patches containing a cave system used to get around the level in a different way.)

I should say it works fine while testing in the editor, the only real "issues" I had whilst making this map were a strange bug with one of the cave entrances that was fixed by deleting, replacing and updating the triggers and with making the minimap dimensions fit a 3x2, and getting a map for both regions is also challenging and currently the subregions map won't load but thats a really minor issue that I will have to play around with myself but it anyone can give me some tips of getting that work that would be great too! :)

Cheers!

veteran
veteran
Hey! Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I'll try to help.

If a loading bar is stuck around 40%, that's when the game is compiling and merging story goals into one. So it is likely having a hard time to build your story, with the digspots and all that. There's currently a mismatch between game data and engine data, so if you hop over at the Larian discord channel under the #Scripting channel's pinned messages, you'll find an updated story_header.div file which you place under \...\Mods\YourMod_UUID\Story\RawFiles

Once you've done that, open your engine and the story editor, then build your story again. Avoid generating definitions, as that will overwrite the story_header.div file with a mismatching dictionary again. Note that GM addons with Origins dependency in project settings currently cause multiplayer GM sessions to crash.

For subregion maps, I assume you mean world/mini maps? WorldMaps in DOS2 are actually just one large image, using Region triggers to separate... Well, regions on the map. So you don't actually want to add a new WorldMap and render a new one for each region. Instead, you want to make sure the first one, MiniMap.dds is your entire level, including all the subregions, and you use Region triggers to tell the engine which part of the map it should limit itself to show in the world map and on the minimap. You can get some sort of idea of it I believe from my minimap upscaling video, seeing how the different sections of the boat are all in reality just one large image.

If you still have issues after trying these things, feel free to package your \...\Mods\YourMod_UUID\ + \...\Editor\Mods\YourMod_UUID\ + \...\Projects\YourMod_UUID\ + \...\Public\YourMod_UUID\ in a .zip file and send it to me somehow, then I can have a look for you =)

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard