Next Thread
Print Thread
#655372 09/09/19 04:33 PM
Reinie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey

I have been getting constant CTD as of late in the game, and today i had another and all my quick saves are corrupted (load error 101)
i have a big save, but that's 2 hours of gameplay down the drain.

One quick save was able to load, but i keep getting the warning not to continue on that save.

i just arrived in hunters edge, the CTD started happening near the end of the previous area.

Any toughts?

Reinie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Update on the behaviour

i know get a CTD whenever i load the game, or want to go to the main menu from inside the game.

please help, because this is getting unplayable?

Support
Support

There are corruption issues which are not a problem with initially loading a save, but which will cause a crash when triggering the 'cleaning up session' procedure. Unfortunately, the only workaround I known of for this is saving, quitting and restarting.

Error 101 is a problem when loading a save with the main section of the save data.

Are you still getting crashes during gameplay?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause conflicts (generally on startup or loading screens, though) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs can also caused issues.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select the game in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error for the game (maybe sort by Date and Time, or search for 'EoCApp')
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switch to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.
One person reported stability problems in D:OS if they had Ambient Occlusion enabled, for example, but the game was fine if they disabled it and enabled it in their graphics drivers. You could try disabling all the post processing in the graphics options, etc.
Another was getting random reboots, which they tracked down to the graphics options in any game being different than was set as default in their video drivers (for anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, etc).

Do you have Vsync enabled, or the frame rate cap set in the options? Try enabling, lowering or disabling those options.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable. You would need to copy your latest save over from the My Documents folder in your current account (and if the game crashes, move/copy any new saves back if you make much progress).

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy). Also check the '..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping' folder, and if there are any 'CrashDump' files being created, zip a few together to include.

Reinie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for the extensive reply, i will check the things you've mentioned.

The corrupted save files, was a one time thing. I just replayed from a good save.
But the game still crashes on every loading. I disabled steam sync so i can quickly reboot the game to continue.

I did find out that i have a faulty RAM, got few blue screens this week, wich is probably what started the problems in the first place. I am getting new RAM soon and will see if the problems persist.
If they do, i will check off all the options you gave me.

Support
Support

Good luck with the new RAM; hopefully that will fix the crashes during gameplay, at least (the crash when 'cleaning up session' is due to something corrupt already written into the save data).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard