Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tootzo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone.
I’ve been playing D:OS 2 on my Switch for the last few days and it’s been a blast.
I was considering getting the game on Steam too, but how does cross-saves work if I have already started playing on Switch and have blank save data on Steam cloud?
The game on Switch asks if I want to access Steam Cloud saves, but is it possible to do the opposite, that is “converting” Switch local save files to Steam Cloud saves so that they can be accessed from the PC to continue playing from where I am on the Switch?

I guess that once the state of my game is on Steam Cloud, I can load it from the main menu in the Switch version of the game and the two platforms will share progress on the same Steam Cloud save file from then on; my question is about the initial process to transfer the Switch “local” save file to Steam Cloud.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you all ;)

Last edited by Tootzo; 21/09/19 04:32 PM.
Support
Support

Yes, you can start with the Switch version, though to link the Steam version you will need to start a game on PC and get Steam to sync the profile/save online. You might need to load your latest save on the Switch after that and re-save to get it uploaded (not sure if it will do so for existing saves).

Tootzo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for the information.
I’ll give it a try when I get the PC version then wink

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard