Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
What does this have to do with BG3? Well I think it's a sign BG 3 might be turn based and possible have other similarities to Solasta.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
What does this have to do with BG3? Well I think it's a sign BG 3 might be turn-based and possible have other similarities to Solasta.

It just means they like RPGs, Larian has already supported 27 projects on Kickstarter trying to read anything into this is pointless.

Last edited by Hawke; 02/10/19 05:19 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yep, not to mention why do we need a sign that BG3 will be TB? Yes there is no official word, but one could bet money that it will be TB, with this decision having been one of the very first decisions Larian made about the game, even before they actually pitched the game idea to WotC.

veteran
veteran
Aaand thanks to that and the support of other backers the game was funded and we will have another class, ranger, another background, academic and I hope we will have half-orc/half-elf. Only 2k E to go in 2 days.

Now Swen gets to name a boss. I wonder If they call it Sir lora, or Braccus Rex XD

Last edited by _Vic_; 02/10/19 06:00 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe they will name the boss "Billy"

veteran
veteran
Feedback Billy! of course we want him as an inmortal boss, a deviuous creature still roaming the lands in his eternal search for more players input XDD

Last edited by _Vic_; 02/10/19 06:29 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Aaand thanks to that and the support of other backers the game was funded and we will have another class, ranger, another background, academic and I hope we will have half-orc/half-elf. Only 2k E to go in 2 days.

Now Swen gets to name a boss. I wonder If they call it Sir lora, or Braccus Rex XD

Half Elf has been achieved, next up Live Orchestra, then new Boss Monster, and then the Sorcerer.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Live Orchestra Achieved.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Boss Moster and New Questline Achieved.

veteran
veteran
I feel the one thing Larian could learn from the Solasta KS is how much D&D fans like having lots of different races and classes available in a D&D game. Unlike TA, Larian has a big budget. I hope they will include quite a number of races and classes right from the get-go.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha
I feel the one thing Larian could learn from the Solasta KS is how much D&D fans like having lots of different races and classes available in a D&D game. Unlike TA, Larian has a big budget. I hope they will include quite a number of races and classes right from the get-go.

Definitely, anything less than all of the player handbook classes and races will be literally unacceptable.

Last edited by Hawke; 04/10/19 06:56 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Hawke
Originally Posted by kanisatha

Definitely, anything less than all of the player handbook classes and races will be literally unacceptable.

Yeah, and multiclassing and feats please.

veteran
veteran
In the defense of the Solasta devs, they have fewer classes, but every class has 3 archetypes (Cleric has 4) when in current D&D5e there are one or two at most. So most of the kits of Solasta are custom made by them for all the classes included in the game.

Last edited by _Vic_; 05/10/19 07:19 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
This is because they are using the SRD 5.1 license. They had no choice to create their own archetypes past the one they were allowed to use. They have indicated that the Sorcerer class will be available as a free DLC, probably not at launch. Other classes would probably follow suit as DLC for sale, at least that is what I am thinking. As it looks right now, there will be 7 classes. Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Ranger, Paladin, and Sorcerer (later as free DLC), There will also be 5 races, Human, Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, and the Half Elf,

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The Stretch goal past Sorcerer was going to be a vote between Dragonborn and Half Orc. I could see both of those easily as a DLC.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by _Vic_
In the defense of the Solasta devs, they have fewer classes, but every class has 3 archetypes (Cleric has 4) when in current D&D5e there are one or two at most. So most of the kits of Solasta are custom made by them for all the classes included in the game.

Including the Sorcerer DLC that will be 22 Archetypes. 3 of 5 races have subraces, Island Halflings, Marsh Halflings, Hill Dwarves, Snow Dwarves, Sylvan Elves, High Elves, Humans, Half Elves, that is 8 racial options, that is 176 possible combinations between Sub/Race and Subclasses

If you throw Backgrounds into the mix, 7 backgrounds I believe, the combinations of Sub/race + Subclass + Backgrounds = 1,232 combos.

For comparison PHB subclass x Sub/Race is 560 combos before background alone.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 06/10/19 05:23 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
What does this have to do with BG3? Well I think it's a sign BG 3 might be turn based and possible have other similarities to Solasta.

Can't really say I see ANY correlation between these two things.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard