Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everybody,
Right now i’m in the Underground Tunnel area, but the enemies are too strong.
Why the hell the enemies are impossible to defeat?
For example: I have 30 health and 10 armor while the enemies have 60 health and 40 armor.
Theire attacks deal 20 damage while my attacks deal only 7 damage.
I’m playing classic mode.
Thanks.

old hand
old hand
Early on in the game your party are extremely weak. They are just prisoners without any real equipment. Your party will also be underleveled for many fights for a while. As dull as it sounds, you'll have to avoid combat in general, at least for a while, and gain experience by simply exploring or doing quests that don't require (much) combat.

Based on your description of the situation, you are clearly underleveled. That particular area/fight, while not extremely tough, is not meant to be super easy, either.

In general: combat power and gear quality scale with level. If you're not used to the game yet, don't fight any fight in which the enemies are higher level than you. Even one level can make a big difference. Especially fights against guards. Even on the same level, chances are they have much better equipment than you do.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 04/10/19 08:07 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, what Mr 2Handing says: I also had that "argh!" experience, in particular once I'd got to the swamps but with a couple of very awkward encounters later on too, and the answer is very much that "if you get pwned, do other stuff and try again later". Memories of playing The Witcher in particular, where the number of times I died trying to tackle the boss at the end of the first chapter made me almost throw my PC out the window. But as it was, I'd only done about half the stuff in that area and I would've probably been more irate to have progressed beyond it only to realise I'd locked myself out of a lot of gameplay! Which is also relevant to DOS2.

J'aime le fromage.
L
addict
addict
L
Hi Sertin1200

Please don't give up, its such a fantastic game!

As others have said.. try different quests, get as much exp/ levels as you can, keep your weapons (and armor etc) up to date.
Its a turn based tactical game.. use the turn order to your advantage.. be mindful of which enemy is your next threat and try to crowd control (e.g. stun or knockdown) or kill them.

Be mindful of the separation of magic and physical armor (e.g. having your knight reduce physical then your mage reduce magic armor is usually less effective then focus on same dmg type on each enemy). Check an enemies resistances.

Use a bedroll for free heal (and buff) between fights. Use pre-buffs pre-fight.
Contact me if you want any hints about specific fights.
Cya Lost

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard