Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#656358 22/10/19 05:03 PM
Karkses Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What do you think about psionic in D&D? I am huge fan of it and i hope so that psionic will be in BG3. How psionic could be work? In my opinion psionic can generate many intresting mechanics like entering in sb mind and reading memories, controling sb of course, using telekinetic or contacting at a distance. I think if ilithids are main enemies, in BG3 must be psion as a normal class.

Karkses #656360 22/10/19 08:58 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Psionics haven't been implemented in 5e DND so sadly I doubt we will see any.

Karkses #656376 23/10/19 05:09 PM
Karkses Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Maybe they'll combine the premiere of BG3 with the premiere of a new book aobut psionic. That would be a good idea.

Karkses #656411 26/10/19 12:15 PM
old hand
old hand
At best Psionics will be in a DLC later on.

Karkses #657264 25/11/19 08:09 PM
addict
addict
5E will have to provide some way to handle the psionic attacks of the Illithids. Thinking back to BG II and Throne of Bhaal, I wonder if something more could be done to make psychic combat more visual and interactive? In BG II, the Mind Flayers sort of just wave their tentacles at you, and then bad things start to happen and you die pretty quickly unless you have an immunity item, in which case you can then mow them down without too much trouble.

AD&D had lots of different types of psionic attacks (Id Insinuation, Mind Thrust, Ego Whip, etc.), and I believe they all happened very quickly relative to physical combat. I wonder if the Larian game designers might make some occasional psionic-only vignettes, where the player can actually "see" what goes on during these attacks, and choose defenses and counter moves just like in normal combat?

"All the scars are on the inside ..."

Karkses #657266 25/11/19 08:28 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
i dont think well see anyhting that doesnt have rules yet.
Psionics are an odd one out in DnD since they have been so different in each of their incarnations.

Karkses #657280 26/11/19 01:21 AM
old hand
old hand
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-fighter-rogue-and-wizard

They just put out a Unearthed Arcana with 3 Psionic subclasses, the Fighter Psychic Warrior, the Rogue Soulknife, and Wizard Psion.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 26/11/19 01:21 AM.
Karkses #657297 26/11/19 08:19 AM
S
veteran
veteran
S
convenient timing.
oh boy, these unearthed arcanas always make me realize how lame non battlemaster fighters are.
2d10 if you hit the enemmy and he gets to make a save agaisnt... falling over. thats a level 15 ability.

Well i guess with an Int based warrior youll at least be able to do it a couple of times a day.

also i guess were backt o "psionics are magic by another name"
power points were great ressource management. And fluff wis ei dont like how its literaly called magic multiple times in this.

Last edited by Sordak; 26/11/19 08:25 AM.
Sordak #657331 27/11/19 03:47 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sordak
convenient timing.
oh boy, these unearthed arcanas always make me realize how lame non battlemaster fighters are.
2d10 if you hit the enemmy and he gets to make a save agaisnt... falling over. thats a level 15 ability.

Well i guess with an Int based warrior youll at least be able to do it a couple of times a day.

also i guess were backt o "psionics are magic by another name"
power points were great ressource management. And fluff wis ei dont like how its literaly called magic multiple times in this.

Eldritch Knights are good and Cavalier with the right build is wicked, I mean unlimited AoO.

Anyways it just needs abit of tweeking, it's not that bad.

Also with the new Psionic Spells you can do a Psionic Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard