Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#656608 08/11/19 03:32 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I wish I found out about this game sooner! Ive put almost 54 hours into it over less than a week but the update today has now caused the game to not load.... I get a "DOS2 Launcher has stopped working ** A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program". Im on Windows 10... anyone else having this issue?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Earlier today (8-Nov-2019), I was playing DOS2 (no problems). Later in the day, there was a Patch install (same day as the Gift Bag #3), now DOS2 will not start/launch in Steam. (As FYI: Windows 8.1 Operating System, NVDIA GTX 1060 Graphics Card, 16 GB RAM, Intel i7 CPU)

E
stranger
stranger
E
animelchild9, I have the same problem. The DOS2 Launcher stopped working after the latest Patch was installed today (8-11-2019). So, I believe the problem is with the Patch.

Last edited by earl528; 08/11/19 05:42 PM. Reason: grammar / typo mistake
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Hello! Can you start the game by launching from \steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe?

stranger
stranger
Same problem, after the Gift Bag #3 update.

SupportTool.exe file is dated at the time of the update (from Steam).
File EoCApp.exe is NOT present in the DOS2 DE bin folder, only in the classic folder.
Running that one does work and starts classic DOS2.

Win7 64 bit + service pack #1, core i7 950, 24 Gb RAM, GTX 760.
Windows firewall allows all DOS2 (public and private) access to the Internet.
Running under Steam; did the file verification 3 times.
Steam always "re-downloads" a "non-verified" file, but it's the same problem.

Support
Support

In general, if the problem is with the launcher after today's update, running from the executable should work.

Deleting the contents of the launcher's cache folder may fix the crash when starting from the Steam or Galaxy client: 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\LarianLauncher' (copy and paste %LocalAppData%\LarianLauncher into Windows Explorer to quickly open that folder).

Originally Posted by UnluckyUndead
File EoCApp.exe is NOT present in the DOS2 DE bin folder, only in the classic folder. ...
Steam always "re-downloads" a "non-verified" file, but it's the same problem.

Is there a SupportTool.exe file in the '..\DefEd\bin' folder?
Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus program, or add an exception for the game's install folder, and verify files again (or in the anti-virus program, you should be able to un-quarantine the executable, assuming that is what happened to it).

If that doesn't help, try doing a clean boot and then verify files. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Support
Support

The launcher should work now (AFAIK it was an issue with Win 7 and 8).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

The launcher should work now (AFAIK it was an issue with Win 7 and 8).

Yup! I got a small patch this AM and working great now. #weekendnotruined. Its 30 degree's today, I dunno what I would have done XD

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by animelchild9
I wish I found out about this game sooner! Ive put almost 54 hours into it over less than a week but the update today has now caused the game to not load.... I get a "DOS2 Launcher has stopped working ** A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program". Im on Windows 10... anyone else having this issue?

If your game is on Steam, then download the "SteamWorks Common Redistribution".
I reinstalled DOS2 (in Steam) and when I did so it also installed the "SteamWorks Common Redistribution". I suspect I only needed to install the "SteamWorks Common Redistribution" to get DOS2 to start/launch.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard