Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#656849 13/11/19 09:43 PM
Jitterz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm having issues with players joining my lobby to play a campaign. I have a number of mods installed to craft the campaign to my liking, and all my players have installed the mods as well. Whenever they join the loading screen says that they are downloading and installing something. I've sat there for about an hour as the load up to 100% just for the process to seem to start over? Any ideas what is going on here? I just want to play with my friends :(

Thanks in advance.

stranger
stranger
You should look into your documents folder, there should be a sub folder for Larian and a subfolder for Mods in there - copy all what is in there into a Zip file and share this with your players. They have to unpack those files into the same folder and then it should work without downloading all the mods.

Support
Support

Depending on the size of the mods, there are ways to verify everyone has the same mods, and same versions, without replacing everything.

This can be done with a program such as DVDSig (alternate download) or ExactFile to scan your mods folder (..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods), and swap the resulting files to verify; that would identify any differences between the folders (missing, outdated or corrupt mods). For the Steam version, unsubscribing and re-subscribing to mods where there are differences should presumably make sure everything is up to date.
DVDSig is tiny, portable and doesn't require an install, while ExactFile has more features.

Alternately, you could use a program such as Hash to create a list of checksum values to compare manually (slightly more work comparing, but no file swapping; probably easier with a limited number of mods).

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard