Divinity Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quartermistress Anna #657759
16/12/19 11:36 AM
16/12/19 11:36 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Is there a way to spare her, not to fight her? Yes, she's a Magister, but not all Magisters are bad, if they were, you wouldn't spare Delorus in that dungeon of Fort Joy. She's just doing her job, other than that she's a nice chatty lady, who sells food, if you run low and she just protects the cave, that she uses as a private stash. Would be fine to persuade her, or hell even bribe, or anything. Does she really have to die for nothing, just because we need to enter that cave? I feel terrible for killing her, but it looks like Larian is encouraging us to kill as many Magisters, as we find. So if I'm missing any way to let her live, here with it, I'm all ears. I guess teleporting her won't work, she would go aggro, my bet.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657771
17/12/19 04:42 AM
17/12/19 04:42 AM
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 479
Eastern Washington state, USA
C
caninelegion Offline
Bugfinder General
caninelegion  Offline
Bugfinder General
C

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 479
Eastern Washington state, USA
This is where a "sleep" spell would be nice.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657775
17/12/19 07:53 AM
17/12/19 07:53 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Quoting Geralt : "Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all." All magisters are guilty by association. They genocided the elves and killed countless innocent source users and poor black ringers.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657776
17/12/19 08:41 AM
17/12/19 08:41 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Poor blackringers. That's another evil, but there's also the option to help them fight Magister Reimond and the other one in the Blackpits harbor. So yea, poor guys.
But the Quartermistress isn't like the other Magisters, she gives you not one, but two warnings about not going into that cave, before turning hostile. Other Magisters would attack you on sight, or give you only one warning then attack, not the mistress. I still think, that she's been stationed there just to guard that place and not doing the Magister work, whatever their work is, because of her kind soul. She's not much the usual Magister type.

Are you saying, that Geralt's mindset should be applied here as well? Those are two different worlds. I'm not that familiar with the settings of the Witcher, but are there good demons, good "lesser evil" beings, I mean what Geralt hunts mostly deserves to be hunted. While in DOS2, not every Magister, not every demon (Almira the Succubus), not every Black Ring member (Tarquin, I would say, but he's pretty much questionable) and so on has to be evil, there are surprisingly good guys among them (ok, not much of the Black Ring people, but still).

Not the Magisters. It was the Divine with the help of his wayward son and Ifan plus some unimportant Sourcerer (Hannag), who nuked the Elves with Deathfog. The Magisters had nought to do with them.

Last edited by Levianne; 17/12/19 08:49 AM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657785
17/12/19 11:43 AM
17/12/19 11:43 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by Levianne
Poor blackringers. That's another evil, but there's also the option to help them fight Magister Reimond and the other one in the Blackpits harbor. So yea, poor guys.

There is a religious freedom and if you don't like it you are demonphobic, transphobic (they possessing different bodies), maybe even racist. Demons, obviously, have completely different culture and can't be holded to the same standard as the other races.

Originally Posted by Levianne

But the Quartermistress isn't like the other Magisters, she gives you not one, but two warnings about not going into that cave, before turning hostile. Other Magisters would attack you on sight, or give you only one warning then attack, not the mistress. I still think, that she's been stationed there just to guard that place and not doing the Magister work, whatever their work is, because of her kind soul. She's not much the usual Magister type.

Yeah, I bet you also thinks that Verdas deserved decaying body. Or that elf girl in the church to become a silent monk. Elf cook in the Driftwood had a right idea : good magister is a dead magister, preferably later eaten by other magisters. They all are pawns of the Lucian-idiot and insane pseudoDallis, and their only purpose in the game is to be killed for experience. Atusa was okay, maybe because she wasn't human pig like the rest of them.

Originally Posted by Levianne

Are you saying, that Geralt's mindset should be applied here as well? Those are two different worlds. I'm not that familiar with the settings of the Witcher, but are there good demons, good "lesser evil" beings, I mean what Geralt hunts mostly deserves to be hunted. While in DOS2, not every Magister, not every demon (Almira the Succubus), not every Black Ring member (Tarquin, I would say, but he's pretty much questionable) and so on has to be evil, there are surprisingly good guys among them (ok, not much of the Black Ring people, but still).

Tomayto, Tomahto. All the characters in the game are flowed, except for elves. Demons also pretty cool. I role played in the game custom nationalistic-elf racist and proven that again and again as the plot was progressing.

Originally Posted by Levianne
Not the Magisters. It was the Divine with the help of his wayward son and Ifan plus some unimportant Sourcerer (Hannag), who nuked the Elves with Deathfog. The Magisters had nought to do with them.

#notallmagisters?


Everything in the massage was written ironicaly and shouldn't be taken seriously!

Last edited by Soccer; 17/12/19 12:08 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657786
17/12/19 12:08 PM
17/12/19 12:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
I don't quite follow your points here. Make a clear cause, please. You're talking Verdas decaying, that Elf prisoner becoming Silent Monk, Wilvya (or what she's called) cooking the Magisters, what have all this in common with me thinking that Quartermistress was a kind person and because of her kind heart was stationed to guard the cave instead of hunting Sourcerers, like the others. I'm pretty much lost in your logic.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657787
17/12/19 12:15 PM
17/12/19 12:15 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by Levianne
I don't quite follow your points here. Make a clear cause, please. You're talking Verdas decaying, that Elf prisoner becoming Silent Monk, Wilvya (or what she's called) cooking the Magisters, what have all this in common with me thinking that Quartermistress was a kind person and because of her kind heart was stationed to guard the cave instead of hunting Sourcerers, like the others. I'm pretty much lost in your logic.

You right. She is a good character indeed, you convinced me. After all, considering that she is afrorivellonian arguing for anything less would be racist.
Not sure if there is a way to save her, didn't do that in my game. It\s was against my character worldview.

Last edited by Soccer; 17/12/19 12:16 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657788
17/12/19 01:23 PM
17/12/19 01:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Like really? I'm getting the impression, that you're not arguing with me to make your point, or prove me wrong or anything, but for the sake of arguing. There are reasons, why the developers bothered to give them such personalities and you're counter-arguing with "they are the bad guys, kill them on the spot". So if all Magisters are bad just for being Magisters, why there's the option to save Delorus, after all he's a damn Magister, eventhough he's beaten almost dead by his fellows. Why bother giving him the potion, kill him on the spot! Send him to the Void! Because it's the right thing to do, isn't it?
Even the very first few Magisters you meet on the tutorial ship, the Merryweather, aren't that bad, I always come back to help Magister Siwan, even when it's pointless, she will die anyway, but I still care to return and ease her suffering. After all, she does care to explain things to you, not like "go there and there and don't bother me".
Why isn't every Magister like Reimond? He's an arse hole from the very moment you meet him and only a bit of persuation can actually save you. He enjoys his job a lot. But not all Magisters are like him.
But feel free to continue being sarcastic, that will surely help here a lot.

Last edited by Levianne; 17/12/19 01:24 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657795
17/12/19 07:35 PM
17/12/19 07:35 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
No, because of yours arguments I fully realized that many characters in D:OS2 are mostly good or at least trying to be better. Not only in the game, but in real life too.
You opened my eyes. But still, I'm not buying in power of love and friendship as the strongest force in the universe. Here is your reward :

[Linked Image]


Also, by now I so tired of my forum portrayal of fake SJW outraged persona and it's getting old. I will try something new.



P.S. Lucian still a dick.

Last edited by Soccer; 17/12/19 07:40 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657796
17/12/19 07:38 PM
17/12/19 07:38 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,190
The Frog & Hounds
vometia Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert
vometia  Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,190
The Frog & Hounds
Play nice, everyone.

Including Lucian.


J'aime le fromage.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657797
17/12/19 08:00 PM
17/12/19 08:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
I am always playing nice, I don't even know what naughty means. Well almost. Ok, I know the definition, but not practicing it myself. Most the time, that is. XD

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657800
18/12/19 01:19 AM
18/12/19 01:19 AM
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 479
Eastern Washington state, USA
C
caninelegion Offline
Bugfinder General
caninelegion  Offline
Bugfinder General
C

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 479
Eastern Washington state, USA
Was the blind magister evil? Were the factory workers in Nazi Germany evil because they joined the party so they could earn a living? Were the people of the USSR evil because Stalin was the most murdering, most evil tyrant ever? Well, everyone is convinced now any way and playing nice so I guess this isn't needed but, hey, did I mention I'm half imp?

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657806
18/12/19 08:12 AM
18/12/19 08:12 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
See? That's my point exactly. They aren't evil just by association with a certain group. Some of them have their own agendas, like Delorus, he even helps a group of Sourcerers to escape, which is the reason, why his fellow Magisters beat him. He is still a Magister, even when you meet him on the Nameless Isle, but still won't hunt you, he can join you and help you to repay your help. He even doesn't care, when I tell him, that I'm a Godwoken, seeking ascension. He still serves Alexandar at this point, so being a Magister, he could kill you, or whatever, but he doesn't. Because being nice is an actual thing.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657867
21/12/19 07:01 PM
21/12/19 07:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 6
paleluna Offline
stranger
paleluna  Offline
stranger

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 6
Yeah, this game is pretty morally grey in general, or at least more than most games I've played. There's not always a clear bad or good guy. I can agree that Lucian is bad, though.

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/divinity-original-sin-2-best-builds

Last edited by paleluna; 22/12/19 02:44 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: paleluna] #657870
22/12/19 02:31 AM
22/12/19 02:31 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,190
The Frog & Hounds
vometia Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert
vometia  Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,190
The Frog & Hounds
Originally Posted by paleluna
Yeah, this game is pretty morally grey in general, or at least more than most games I've played. There's not always a clear bad or good guy. I can agree that Lucian is bad, though.

He certainly isn't the character from my DD playthrough but an evil impostor. Not even a very convincing one since mine was neither called Lucian nor male.


J'aime le fromage.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: vometia] #657905
24/12/19 09:59 AM
24/12/19 09:59 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by vometia
He certainly isn't the character from my DD playthrough but an evil impostor. Not even a very convincing one since mine was neither called Lucian nor male.

Maybe canonically "Divine One" is actually just dumb, not evil. I can buy in not killing baby Damian by lawful good Lucian, even from pragmatic perspective it's a wise decision to turn on his side "Damned One", who is basically another Divine but from Lord of Chaos. And two divines are better than one. But killing Damian girlfriend and later after he turned to the dark side and started a war, sparing him and banishing Damian into Nemesis instead was so stupid.
Years after Lucian decided to genocide the elves, just to stop possible uprising from them and kill some black ringers, which in turn weakened barrier between Rivellon and the Void, and that led to the return of voidwokens... Everything is a started by Lucian, even situation in Divinity 2 is mostly is his fault.

So yeah, Lucian isn't evil, he just an idiot.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657909
24/12/19 10:26 AM
24/12/19 10:26 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Larian shows the Divine as a flawed man, which isn't anything unexpected, because he started as a mortal, thus a person, who makes mistakes. We also find out, that the Seven Divines/gods were as flawed as Lucian. Did he made a wrong decision by leaving the baby Damian live? Maybe, but it was his decision to make. And perhaps it could work (well it worked until Ygerna came along), baby Damian might have become a mighty paladin, if things went well (I recommend the books that come with both Definitive Edition and Developer's Cut). Unfortunately there still was Black Ring and they came close to Damian. Killing Ygerna wasn't a bad thing, bad was allowing Damian to see it. What did they expect from him? That he would totally understand the murder of his loved one? They should execute her somewhere more private.

I'm not sure about the Elves though, is there any evidence, that they planned an uprising, or that Lucian had a reason to believe they did? I always thought they were just collateral damage, the Black Ring was close to them, so nuking that area with Deathfog would hit the Black Ring and well "sacrifice" some Elves in the process. A necessary evil so to speak.

Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657912
24/12/19 11:46 AM
24/12/19 11:46 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by Levianne
Larian shows the Divine as a flawed man, which isn't anything unexpected, because he started as a mortal, thus a person, who makes mistakes. We also find out, that the Seven Divines/gods were as flawed as Lucian.

Yes, man are flawed, that why elf should have been chosen as Divine One and not all three possible human candidates (marked ones). No dwarfs, no lizards, not even imps. What a bunch of racist gods.

Originally Posted by Levianne
I'm not sure about the Elves though, is there any evidence, that they planned an uprising, or that Lucian had a reason to believe they did? I always thought they were just collateral damage, the Black Ring was close to them, so nuking that area with Deathfog would hit the Black Ring and well "sacrifice" some Elves in the process. A necessary evil so to speak.

Spoiler warning : some of the elves wanted to save the world from corrupt and flawed humans and even Mother Tree was backing them up (she is demigod with potential to reach a real divinity, if she consume enough source). Shadow Prince proposed to Lucian just kill the mother tree, but he decided to genocide most of the elves instead. Saheila is actually warmonger and wants to restart the war, but she needs to kill mother tree first because MT no longer wants it and can stop elfs from doing that.

Last edited by Soccer; 24/12/19 12:22 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657913
24/12/19 12:18 PM
24/12/19 12:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline OP
member
Levianne  Offline OP
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
I know that about Saheila (and in my second playthrough Sebille turned her down automatically), but did Lucian know that? Did he have all the info, that the player has? Would the Elves give such things away to any person, who happens to walk by, or happens to be a Divine? I doubt they announced their bloodlust publicly. Sure the Shadow Prince knew it, but they happen to observe events and try to either allow them or prevent, depends on what they think about it. I doubt that the Divine Order does the same.

Wait. So the Shadow Prince actually spoke with Lucian? I guess that's from just before the final boss fight, when you speak to Lucian, Dallis and later Braccus joins (breaks from the spell Dallis has over him)? I'm not that far yet, and I don't really mind spoilers, but when I spoke to the Shadow Prince's spirit, he didn't mention Lucian at all.

Last edited by Levianne; 24/12/19 12:24 PM.
Re: Quartermistress Anna [Re: Levianne] #657914
24/12/19 05:47 PM
24/12/19 05:47 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline
journeyman
Soccer  Offline
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
I don't quite remember from whom I got information about ambitious of the elves, Lucian and everything, but I almost certain it was Shadow Prince in some dialog option, but maybe it come up from using too much drudanae during my game..So Lucian definitely know about their plans and maybe story tries to make him less villainous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2