Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
He definitely is a villain, at least serves as one of the final bosses, together with Dallis and Braccus, that's out of question. It's that I don't know if there's any evidence, that he knew about the Elves and if it was the Shadow Prince, who told him. If there is such evidence (I have yet to solve the Levers puzzle to get to that point, the puzzle itself isn't hard, but the damn Source Puppets keep spawning, if you don't beat the initial four fast enough), then I'm not gonna arguing about it.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Didn't Lucian send his agent (Ifan) to get the elves out but he didn't make it in time?

I haven't got past chapter 2 yet so this is speculation but, at present, it seems to me that the gods are flawed because they too were mortals - once called eternals. One, Armadia was recognized by Fane as Lady Armadia. Fane says the seven races all have some similarities to eternals in how they appear, there was a comment somewhere or another that referred to a people who just disappeared, Fane mentions that the gods somehow look familiar to him, etc.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Soccer
Maybe canonically "Divine One" is actually just dumb, not evil. I can buy in not killing baby Damian by lawful good Lucian, even from pragmatic perspective it's a wise decision to turn on his side "Damned One", who is basically another Divine but from Lord of Chaos. And two divines are better than one. But killing Damian girlfriend and later after he turned to the dark side and started a war, sparing him and banishing Damian into Nemesis instead was so stupid.
Years after Lucian decided to genocide the elves, just to stop possible uprising from them and kill some black ringers, which in turn weakened barrier between Rivellon and the Void, and that led to the return of voidwokens... Everything is a started by Lucian, even situation in Divinity 2 is mostly is his fault.

So yeah, Lucian isn't evil, he just an idiot.

That would certainly explain it. biggrin

And also, "he's not the Divine, he's a very naughty boy."

J'aime le fromage.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by caninelegion
Didn't Lucian send his agent (Ifan) to get the elves out but he didn't make it in time?

I haven't got past chapter 2 yet so this is speculation but, at present, it seems to me that the gods are flawed because they too were mortals - once called eternals. One, Armadia was recognized by Fane as Lady Armadia. Fane says the seven races all have some similarities to eternals in how they appear, there was a comment somewhere or another that referred to a people who just disappeared, Fane mentions that the gods somehow look familiar to him, etc.

The Seven Divines were Eternals,
seven Lords, who stole the power Fane discovered and made themselves gods.

Ifan was supposed to deliver a portal device for the Elves to escape, but
in fact it was a Deathfog bomb, a device to deliver large masses of Deathfog
you will find that after speaking to a certain Dwarven scientist in the cave where Lohar sent you (after Mordus).

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
click 1: I guess the lizard king was correct that Fane's findings were dangerous.

click 2: I spoke with her but I didn't take it that way, ie, I make no connection with Ifan delivering it. I thought he said himself that he got there too late. I'm in the cave now, maybe she'll repeat herself as I often do miss things.

OP Offline
Yes, he said that first, but the connection is there, when you speak to Ifan after that conversation with her, he will realize, what really happened, also after confronting Hannag, he will finally admit and accept, that it was he, who nuked the Elves. That Lucian (and eventually Alexandar upon confronting the Bishop himself) tricked him.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Ahh. Interesting twist!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard