Divinity Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Godwoken champions of the Gods #657824
19/12/19 08:50 AM
19/12/19 08:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Hello everybody. As a casual gamer of Divinity series and who finished the Divinity : Original Sin 2, by the way the game of the century without a doubt and which makes Larian the very best company in the world with the most smart and thouthfull story writers ever imaginable, I have one more question about the plot what I didn't understand : in the first arc every god choses his/her champion, for example Amadia - Fane/Lohse, Duna - Beast, Rhalic - Ifan Ben-Mezd and etc., and at some point players God tell protagonist that all gods chosen their godwokens, so what about champions of imps (Xantezza) and orcs (Vrogir)? All been chosen, so they are somewhere, but where and who they are? Is there parallel storyline where they went for divinity and failed on the way? Are they killed by Dallis? Was this a tough fight?

Is Larian planning DLC for their story?

Last edited by Soccer; 19/12/19 09:26 AM.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657825
19/12/19 09:09 AM
19/12/19 09:09 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline
member
Levianne  Offline
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Lohse is a human, should be chosen by Rhalic instead of Amadia, yes, she's a mystic, but still when I play as her, in the Ancient temple activating Rhalic's pillar, she comments, that she used to pray to him, when she was younger. But also by playing as her, Rhalic won't ever speak to her much, because of that thing inside her, it's demonstrated in the Arena of One, when he wants Lohse to yeld to him and she asks, why he didn't speak to her earlier, he responds because of that demon, now it's quiet, so he has the chance. So she's a champion of some other "deity", Adramahlihk, in fact. XD

About the champions of the other two gods, since they aren't playable race, we can only assume, that there are an Impish and Orcish Godwoken somewhere (maybe even didn't get captured and shipped to Fort Joy). Towards the end it doesn't really matter much, most Godwoken are dead by now.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Levianne] #657826
19/12/19 09:44 AM
19/12/19 09:44 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by Levianne
Lohse is a human, should be chosen by Rhalic instead of Amadia, yes, she's a mystic, but still when I play as her, in the Ancient temple activating Rhalic's pillar, she comments, that she used to pray to him, when she was younger. But also by playing as her, Rhalic won't ever speak to her much, because of that thing inside her, it's demonstrated in the Arena of One, when he wants Lohse to yeld to him and she asks, why he didn't speak to her earlier, he responds because of that demon, now it's quiet, so he has the chance. So she's a champion of some other "deity", Adramahlihk, in fact. XD

Wizards got their own god patron - Amadia, and can be from any races of Rivellon. Which make her lazy for not creating her own race and kinda dull, because wizards can live a very-very long life, longer than elves (Zandalor and Arhu what, 2000 years old?), so Amadia have a big problem with collecting their souls and feeding herself with them. Vrogir had a right idea : orcs reproducing fast and overly aggressive, so death rate among them quite high. Maybe there is difference between quantity and quality, not sure.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657827
19/12/19 10:26 AM
19/12/19 10:26 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline
member
Levianne  Offline
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Like I don't know, that's why I mentioned, that she's a mystic, kinda wizard, but it is heavily implied in the game, that Rhalic is (or rather should be, if she wasn't possessed, that is) Lohse's god. Even if you (as Lohse) bless another god (I tried with Amadia in one playthrough), she still tells her companions, that Rhalic should be her god, but didn't even talk to her. That's what she said herself, it's from the game. The evidence apparently is there. So Amadia's favorite is Fane, but not Lohse.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Levianne] #657832
19/12/19 10:53 AM
19/12/19 10:53 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by Levianne
Like I don't know, that's why I mentioned, that she's a mystic, kinda wizard, but it is heavily implied in the game, that Rhalic is (or rather should be, if she wasn't possessed, that is) Lohse's god. Even if you (as Lohse) bless another god (I tried with Amadia in one playthrough), she still tells her companions, that Rhalic should be her god, but didn't even talk to her. That's what she said herself, it's from the game. The evidence apparently is there. So Amadia's favorite is Fane, but not Lohse.

Firstly, godwoken of Rhalic god is Ifan Ben-Mezd, secondly the thing with Lohse's god isn't important at all, she could as well be chosen by Lord of Chaos or Raan for all I care, it's beside the point. If the orcs are left, how Vrogir chosen his champion? Is there some imp godwoken somewhere in Rivellon?

Last edited by Soccer; 19/12/19 10:53 AM.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657833
19/12/19 11:23 AM
19/12/19 11:23 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline
member
Levianne  Offline
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Oh right, Lohse can't be chosen by Rhalic, because Ifan Ben Mezd already is, while it doesn't matter, that Amadia chose Fane already, Lohse can still be her chosen one, of course, that's a valid point, congratulations on that.
Yes, it doesn't matter, I just wanted to point out, that it's in the game and therefore you've made a small mistake (a small mistake that you still have to deny, even when all evidence is in the game), but of course I dare to oppose you, what a bold move, fear me and stuff like that. It wouldn't matter at all, if you just accepted and moved on, but no. And don't forget being sarcastic again, because I started the "WAR". I know, that I'm being sarcastic myself, because you obviously ignore, that what I'm telling you is the case in the game, simply stop denying it. It's not fun to argue with a stubborn person, that can't accept, what is evident in the game itself. I just wanted to make a small correction, because I'm a nitpick, a small correction, that doesn't even matter, but still.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657835
19/12/19 12:23 PM
19/12/19 12:23 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
[Linked Image]

You know what? You are absolutely right, How I didn't see myself becoming a sarcastic dick? You really helped me to self-reflect. And the thing with Lohse - well, that was really something. How could I dared asking the question without knowning all the answers? My bad, next time I will try to check out all the details before even formulating what I want to ask and how to do it. Thanks a lot,

[Linked Image]





Last edited by Soccer; 19/12/19 12:23 PM.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657840
19/12/19 04:54 PM
19/12/19 04:54 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,190
The Frog & Hounds
vometia Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert
vometia  Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,190
The Frog & Hounds
Grumpy mod is getting grumpier. Be nice.

fwiw I wondered if maybe Rhalic's aversion to Lohse is because her "guest" is more aligned to Amadia; I wonder if Adramalihk is maybe the spirit of a wizard/witch/mage similar to e.g. Ygerna rather than an actual demon? Or if it even matters, for that matter.


J'aime le fromage.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657841
19/12/19 05:04 PM
19/12/19 05:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
Levianne Offline
member
Levianne  Offline
member

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 144
He is a demon, he is a D E M O N (quoting Mals), so nope, Rhalic just doesn't like your friendly neighborhood Adramahlihk, that's all. Why would he not like a champion of his fellow gal Amadia? Ah yes, rivalry. That's a good reason, but I think not as good as some demonic upstairs visitor trying to take over poor Lohse.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: vometia] #657842
19/12/19 05:32 PM
19/12/19 05:32 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Originally Posted by vometia
Grumpy mod is getting grumpier. Be nice..

I''m nice as ever. All insults or mean words I ever used on this forum were always aimed at myself.




Well, there is also Goddess of the source Astarte. She definitely should have been active during this whole sourcerers mess and chosen Lohse as her godwoken.






Last edited by Soccer; 19/12/19 05:32 PM.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657856
21/12/19 05:41 AM
21/12/19 05:41 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
I did a little digging (https://www.creativeuncut.com/art_divinity-original-sin-2_a.html) and foumd some early concept art for orc godwoken in Divinity Original Sin 2:
[Linked Image]


Although nothing about the imps.

Looking on other concept arts I can conclude that it's typical for Larian cutting off ideas and plotlines during game development, just like with Dragon Commander, where, ironicaly, orc and imp princesses were also removed from the game along with all main plot and conflict with protagonist's half-siblings, which made the game story incredibly boring.

Last edited by Soccer; 21/12/19 07:22 AM.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #657865
21/12/19 05:53 PM
21/12/19 05:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 6
paleluna Offline
stranger
paleluna  Offline
stranger

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 6
So we could have had orcs in DOS2? That would've been cool... I wonder why it was cut.

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/divinity-original-sin-2-best-companions

Last edited by paleluna; 22/12/19 02:36 PM.
Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #658024
01/01/20 05:37 AM
01/01/20 05:37 AM
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
Wisconsin
W
WINoodles Offline
journeyman
WINoodles  Offline
journeyman
W

Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
Wisconsin
I bit late on this, but a few things to point out.

First, on the Nameless Isle, Rhalic accepts Loshe and she doesn't have to give up anything special.
Second, the seven do abandon their chosen if they don't see them turning out the way they want. As such, it could be that Loshe was Rhalic's champion and that when her passenger became a permanent resident, he abandoned her and went with Ifan.
Third, there were at one time many godwoken. As such, each of the seven likely has multiple chosen at a time.
Forth, if you are playing a custom dwarf and have Beast as a companion, Duna views both as godwoken. The same is true for the rest of the seven as well. As such, this reinforces piont 3.

If you look at Amadia's image in her temple on the Nameless Isle, she is shown with horns. Is she responsible for demons being around?

If you pay attention to spirits of Vrogir's Knights, they mention the world got too civilized. The orcs are warriors and prefer a state of constant raiding to stay in practice. As this upset the other races, the orcs left. No mention of a destination or location is given.

Imps are the truly enigmatic race. There are only a couple spirits to interact with and I can't remember them giving any back ground info about the race. Also, they aren't prominent in any of Cranley Huwbert's encyclopedia.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #658036
01/01/20 03:00 PM
01/01/20 03:00 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Soccer Offline OP
journeyman
Soccer  Offline OP
journeyman

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
Ukraine
Levianne, now you see what's your nitpicking does and why I hate it? It's derails conversation off topic, so I can't find the answer I was looking for.



Originally Posted by WINoodles

First, on the Nameless Isle, Rhalic accepts Loshe and she doesn't have to give up anything special.
Second, the seven do abandon their chosen if they don't see them turning out the way they want. As such, it could be that Loshe was Rhalic's champion and that when her passenger became a permanent resident, he abandoned her and went with Ifan.
Third, there were at one time many godwoken. As such, each of the seven likely has multiple chosen at a time.
Forth, if you are playing a custom dwarf and have Beast as a companion, Duna views both as godwoken. The same is true for the rest of the seven as well. As such, this reinforces piont 3

It's doesn't matter at all, every playable character, even custom-made ones, by default are all godwoken. It could have been 10 humans, 6 wizards from Hogwarts, eccetera, they would become godwoken anyway. From gods perspective it's doesn't make sense to spit their already limited source resources to different people. creating weaker champions. but from the game viewpoint it's makes everyone a special.

Originally Posted by WINoodles

If you look at Amadia's image in her temple on the Nameless Isle, she is shown with horns. Is she responsible for demons being around?

Demons created by Lord of Chaos, who was, before the retcon, one of the Seven Gods (Eighth) but deflected from them. New canon still unclear, maybe he is now just a totally independent god from another plane, who knows.

Originally Posted by WINoodles

If you pay attention to spirits of Vrogir's Knights, they mention the world got too civilized. The orcs are warriors and prefer a state of constant raiding to stay in practice. As this upset the other races, the orcs left. No mention of a destination or location is given.

YES, orcs are left, but in the game Vrogir chosen his godwoken, so how about that? Game designers could have at least make him/her a cameo and killed off like two marked ones in DD. It's cheap to implement and more compelling for the plot.

Originally Posted by WINoodles

Imps are the truly enigmatic race. There are only a couple spirits to interact with and I can't remember them giving any back ground info about the race. Also, they aren't prominent in any of Cranley Huwbert's encyclopedia.

Try to play in Beyond Divinity. Imps were flashed up the most in this game.

Re: Godwoken champions of the Gods [Re: Soccer] #658050
02/01/20 01:17 AM
02/01/20 01:17 AM
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 479
Eastern Washington state, USA
C
caninelegion Offline
Bugfinder General
caninelegion  Offline
Bugfinder General
C

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 479
Eastern Washington state, USA
Originally Posted by Soccer
[b]
Try to play in Beyond Divinity. Imps were flashed up the most in this game.



Plus they were related to demons.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2