Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello,

I can probably found the answer on internet (lore) but my real question is: why they (Larian) did remove them in the lore ? Technical point of view, I don't get it.

I mean, in D: OS 1 and every other game so far from Larian I played you only play humans, excepted for the D: OS 2, and it's great !

Why can't we play orcs and imp ? Would be so much fun to play all species of Rivellon.

Plus, because they are all dead means nothing, check our bonny friends, this guy shoud not even be here but still, he's here. They added him to the lore and it just works. We shortly speak with them in act III (orcs) if I remember, and that's it. In D: OS 1 there is a bunch of imps yeah sure but like all other races you can't play with them, even worst in D: OS 2 when you see their kingdom... They seems like all dead. Can't remember if it's litteraly said like this in the lore but still.

This was *the* occasion to allow us to play with all races.

Why can't we play orcs or imp ? Lack of time / money to add it ? Maybe in another game ? It's on purpose then ?

Maybe they considered it has to be like this in the lore ? Again, orc and imp would technicaly still be playable, see our bonny friends².

Regards

Last edited by BarbeRousseLibre; 08/01/20 02:46 PM.
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
To be fair, to fit orcs and imps into the game now is a bit late. To make them feel right you would have to add specific dialog to a few NPCs along the way, which would involve digging up voice actors. There would also be some balancing issues to figure our what the racial traits would be. As there would be no origin characters for the races, they would feel left out as well. As such, I don't think it is worth all the work to add them into the current game. However, I do agree that adding them into a future game to play would be fantastic.

Come on, we all know what is going on. Larian discriminating and antagonize both orcs and imps. In most of their games they ether villains or background unimportances, if appearing at all. They even didn't deserve their own princesses in Dragon Commander.
As a matter of fact, not only orcs with imps is in trouble, as Larian slowly but consistently pushing idea of human supremacy : they literally in every game and with every game are becoming more common. In Divinity 2, which is taking place in 58 years after Divinity : Original Sin 2, only humans left and they hunting down the last dragons.

Last edited by Soccer; 08/01/20 07:57 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by BarbeRousseLibre
Why can't we play orcs or imp ? Lack of time / money to add it ?

Yes, at least in part. There was an imp princess started for Dragon Commander, but there ended up not being enough time to implement the character properly before the release of the game, so that was cut.
With D:OS 2, each origin character added increased the dialogue and story more than the previous one (due to the interactions between the different origins). That limited the number of origins that could be added. Imps and orcs would also have taken more work for art and animations, etc, compared to the other characters, and given their history, to add them to the game properly would have needed many more NPCs to treat them differently.

Suspiciously, there wasn't enough "time" for orc princess as well, but was some for undead princess, something no one ask for (*maybe a сouple of players with quite weird fetish).
[Linked Image]

This also proves a theory that Larian hates orcs and imps.

Last edited by Soccer; 09/01/20 05:55 PM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thanks for these answer !

Too bad, I hope in next Larian's Divinity game there will be something about them !

This topic can be closed so far.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard