Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Stadia is getting heavily slammed, worried for BG3. I have heard alot of bad reviews of Stadia and while there will be a PC version, the Stadia version appears to be the centerpiece. I'm worried Stadia's issues might be a huge problem for BG3.

Any thoughts on this?

addict
addict
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_cdqQHGA8

But seriously,

I just want some REAL news!!!! come on already, give me some candy~!!! PLEASE

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Support
Support

There will be news February 27th (teaser tweet).

enthusiast
enthusiast
What? Larian and Google are not connected. If the Stadia fails than Larian will still have gotten their money for releasing it there. And the majority of their audience is on PC. Larian couldn't care less about the success of the Stadia.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
What? Larian and Google are not connected. If the Stadia fails than Larian will still have gotten their money for releasing it there. And the majority of their audience is on PC. Larian couldn't care less about the success of the Stadia.

Larian only gets money for the games it sells on Stadia, so if Stadia fails then all the responsibility for success relies upon the PC version and that means the stadia version is a huge wasted expense that the PC version has to make up for. I hope they at least break even on their Stadia investment.

So, guys and a girls, rumor about financial trouble was correct. Who would know that it's will come from Stadia?

Larian's twit (got it? twit not tweet)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Soccer; 22/01/20 06:08 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Hawke

Larian only gets money for the games it sells on Stadia, so if Stadia fails then all the responsibility for success relies upon the PC version and that means the stadia version is a huge wasted expense that the PC version has to make up for. I hope they at least break even on their Stadia investment.

Nope, they have definitely gotten money from Google since for releasing their game there, it's standard in this industry when releasing games for new hardware.
Just look how Swen keeps promoting this dumpster fire do you really think he doesn't get paid for this?

Last edited by Hawke; 22/01/20 06:41 PM.
addict
addict
Not saying that I would personally want Stadia as I need a powerful PC for other reasons, but the idea of streaming games certainly will be a major ( possibly the dominant ) factor at some point in the future, for several very good reasons.

At the moment, the network infrastructure just isn't good enough for most people to stream reliably. Totally predictable, so I don't know how successful Google were actually expecting to be, in the short term.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard