Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
My biggest problem with divinity 2 that really needs to be fixed is fog of war...

Being able to see an already scouted map when you scroll through it ruins divinity 2 for me, one of the best game I've ever played but such a dumb short sighted measure like this really ruins the game. Please Please Please fix this for Balder's Gate III.

maybe even patch a fix into divinity 2 as well... Ruins the immersion and mysticism of the game.

the star craft map scouting system needs to be implemented.

Last edited by Emulate; 23/01/20 12:41 AM.
Divinity 2 is finished, Larian quit it's support long time ago. Same goes for Dragon Commander and D:OS.
In regards of Balder's Gate III : we don't know anything. There wasn't even single one gameplay video, so it's too early to speak about mechanics.

Last edited by Soccer; 23/01/20 10:18 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soccer
Divinity 2 is finished, Larian quit it's support long time ago. Same goes for Dragon Commander and D:OS.
In regards of Balder's Gate III : we don't know anything. There wasn't even single one gameplay video, so it's too early to speak about mechanics.

You are wrong.
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=658392#Post658392

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why the hell does anyone want Fog of war back that mechanic should have died 20 ago.

Pal, it's Gift Bag for D:OS2, not D:OS. Dragon Commander, D:OS, DD, BD and D2 are done, no one in Larian will make patches for them, they gone for good.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's so sad that people call Divinity Original Sin 2; Divinity 2. There was a Divinity 2 in 2009 called Divinity 2 Ego Draconis. Though it was technically the third game.

Last edited by Hawke; 23/01/20 11:24 PM.
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
having a hybrid system like starcraft 2 involving some measure of realistic line of sight is best, maybe even make perception a trait that allows more viewing distance.
how it's done in the current game is really really bad, like I said ruins the game for me.

fog of war is very important in a game of this style, making the game more new player friendly by having everything pre scouted is anoying.

perhapse certain charcter with knowledge of certain areas can have a rough light fog instead of complete black fog but this really has to be done to make

BG3 a success.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why fog of war is annoying I don't want to waste hours of my life checking every part of the map if I missed some enemy or item.
Since I don't expect that BG3 will even have a bird's eye camera it won't even be a problem.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
Why fog of war is annoying I don't want to waste hours of my life checking every part of the map if I missed some enemy or item.
Since I don't expect that BG3 will even have a bird's eye camera it won't even be a problem.

Actually I am very sympathetic to your position on this.

Perhaps Fog of War could be something you can turn off or on at character creation.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 24/01/20 08:16 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
Fog of war simulates line of sight, thats why it exists.
Its a good addition, i dont know how you could possibly not like it.
Playing a dungoen without fog of war would essentialy be cheating.

And realy if you dont want to check every little bit of the world, then dont.
Its only your own completionism forcing you to do that

enthusiast
enthusiast
I mean the sort of fog of war old RTS and games like BG 1+2 (these game would only be half as long if you didn't wander around aimlessly around those oversized maps in order to find stuff) had where you line of sight was laughably short and you couldn't see anything.
Most modern games do it better, though I'm still not a fan of the mechanic. anyway, whenever someone mentions it I get flashbacks from the nineties where I was stuck for hours because I still had to kill one guy who hid somewhere in the edge of the map. cry

Last edited by Hawke; 25/01/20 03:33 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
I mean the sort of fog of war old RTS and games like BG 1+2 (these game would only be half as long if you didn't wander around aimlessly around those oversized maps in order to find stuff) had where you line of sight was laughably short and you couldn't see anything.
Most modern games do it better, though I'm still not a fan of the mechanic. anyway, whenever someone mentions it I get flashbacks from the nineties where I was stuck for hours because I still had to kill one guy who hid somewhere in the edge of the map. cry

Yeah that wasn't fun, or trying to find hidden objects.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I would also like to recomend another feature!

while playing online matches with friends all them to put a pop up bubble on the party leaders screen for request save. that way the party leader or save holder can more easily manage save requests while playing with multiple people.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard