Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_
If they use the D&D 5e rules, you can sneak with ranged weapons, but only in certain conditions.

I found more refreshing the fact that you need to be in the shadows to sneak, that would be an improvement.

Did you notice the lack of ranged sneak attack or it's just me? Also, where's advantage?

veteran
veteran
Mmm, now that you mention it, I do not remember the ranged shots of the MC in the gameplay to cause huge amounts of damage, but I remember that one of the enemy halfling archers one-shotted the cleric, so maybe there is? I will take a look at the gameplay again.

You can see it here again If you wish to be certain https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=7bRyG5WpIMY&feature=emb_logo

I think all the combat rolls are made automatically (they even show you the possible outcome using a %) so maybe they have advantage but we do not get to see it?

Last edited by _Vic_; 28/02/20 12:40 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_

I think all the combat rolls are made automatically (they even show you the possible outcome using a %) so maybe they have advantage but we do not get to see it?

I thought of that possibility. In the catacombs when he is sneaking his hit chance is 65% though. It seems too low to have advantage applied. Also, at any point he mentioned the mechanic.

Last edited by Danielbda; 28/02/20 12:46 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
and you didn't need a barrel. think

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
Originally Posted by ZeshinX
Sounds like (according to a flowery blurb in the Larian Gazette) BG3 will have a protag mechanic very reminiscent (if not outright similar) to the Spirit Eater mechanic of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer.

"You are burdened with a great power devouring you from within.
How far down the path of darkness will you let it take you?
The fate of Faerûn is on your party’s shoulders.
Will you carry it to salvation, or descend with it to hell?"

At least at a descriptive level, sounds VERY similar to the Spirit Eater.

Mind flayers are the big thing in this game so I am guessing you are 'infected' somehow by mind flayer semen and are trying not to 'succumb' to it.

Called it!

Love and sausages xx
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard