Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
mszcz #659759 29/02/20 10:53 AM
C
cdx Offline
stranger
stranger
C
I'd say they all are. How worthy they seem usually depends on how much they fit with our own smile

Of course, they can all be evaluated and taken seriously or ignored (especially the rude ones and the extreme ones).

cdx #659761 29/02/20 11:03 AM
D
D
Originally Posted by cdx
I'd say they all are. How worthy they seem usually depends on how much they fit with our own smile

Of course, they can all be evaluated and taken seriously or ignored (especially the rude ones and the extreme ones).

I dunno. An opinion is an unverified belief. Every opinion is ultimately true or false. Different opinions can be based in different amounts of informedness. A doctor's opinion on a medical condition might be more useful than that of someone with no medical training. Or, maybe a patient's opinion on their affliction might be accurate while a doctor's opinion on their affliction is wrong.

It might be difficult to tell whether one opinion has more merit to it than another, but maybe not in every case. But one thing they all have in common is that they are not fully verified and there is more information needed for their pictures to be complete.

Dark_Ansem #659771 29/02/20 11:31 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Not all opinions are equal tho.

A more "valid" opinion doesn't excuse poor conduct. The point is about being respectful.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #659782 29/02/20 11:45 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Not all opinions are equal tho.

A more "valid" opinion doesn't excuse poor conduct. The point is about being respectful.

Not "valid" per se, but grounded in facts and reasonable speculation rather than ranting.

mszcz #659786 29/02/20 12:04 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well it easy, there are two side of conflict.
1) People who care and respect BG for what i was, and
2) People who prabobly were born after 2k+ and have no idea about the huge inpact that BG brought to RPG gaming

I belive that any person from group 1 understand that what Larian is trying to do is to sell good old product with a new features suitable for young players - who belive that infinity engine is archaic and so on. Well ...
Anybody who played BG1/2 never ever even imagine to see a huge 20k cube on top of their heads (its looks like a cheap mobile game) showing them if they roll 8 or not. Anybody who played BG1/2 loved what the game was like, hand crafted maps and portrets. Nobody really needs a 3D dumb cutscenes that just show how badly game was designed.

Its a butchery on a good brand.
Sold pieces by pieces to peple who don't care.

And whats funny is that we 'the old gammers' are actually a people who will or not buy this game. Cuz we have a money, youngsters will just go for pirate version.
Jesus, Larian how hard it is to understand this simple things!

Last edited by mszcz; 29/02/20 12:17 PM.
mszcz #659791 29/02/20 12:14 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by mszcz
#renameBG3

[img]https://ibb.co/khdzGL8[/img]

this picture, its more then enough to prove all of you my/our right.

Oh god i think i know who this is from the steam forums. Basically the most well known troll but i hope im wrong

As for the inital post. You dont get to decide what Baldurs Gate was and is for everyone. For me personally it was about a D&D game i could play without friends because i didnt have any. the story pulled me in and i loved it and it became one of my favorite games of all time. We havent seen enough of the game to say how good or bad the story is, how connected or not remains to be seen (Illithids are in BG2 talking about an invasion if i remember correctly) But what we do know is that it takes place in the same world, uses a well adapted 5e system, and comes after a module that is all about baldurs gate. Which is what a lot of Baldurs gates fans wanted

mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by MadameStrangeluv
#renameBG3

Oh god i think i know who this is from the steam forums. Basically the most well known troll but i hope im wrong

As for the inital post. You dont get to decide what Baldurs Gate was and is for everyone. For me personally it was about a D&D game i could play without friends because i didnt have any. the story pulled me in and i loved it and it became one of my favorite games of all time. We havent seen enough of the game to say how good or bad the story is, how connected or not remains to be seen (Illithids are in BG2 talking about an invasion if i remember correctly) But what we do know is that it takes place in the same world, uses a well adapted 5e system, and comes after a module that is all about baldurs gate. Which is what a lot of Baldurs gates fans wanted

Yes you are wrong cuz all my life i was sitting tight. Got like 5 post on steam, and all of them were made yestreday.
You may got confused since people use the same picture as a prove on how bad it actually looks like

mszcz #659801 29/02/20 12:46 PM
C
cdx Offline
stranger
stranger
C

1) People who care and respect BG for what i was

I'm right here. I love BG1/2, the originals even more than the EEs. My ideal BG3, even today, would be an Infinity Engine game with a new story, even though I know that's ridiculous.

I want BG3 to be as good as possible, even though I know that my ideal game will never be (unless some small studio clones IE and writes an amazing story). If you want a better BG3, you might want to give some constructive criticism.

It doesn't seem like you do. Based on that and the way you give your opinions, I've lost any interest in discussing things with you. Have a good day smile

mszcz #659802 29/02/20 12:48 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by MadameStrangeluv
#renameBG3

Yes you are wrong cuz all my life i was sitting tight. Got like 5 post on steam, and all of them were made yestreday.
You may got confused since people use the same picture as a prove on how bad it actually looks like

Na its all because its the one person who was trying to start the #renameBG3 thing. Something ive only seen him use and was constantly posted with no one else using it. Sorry didnt mean to accuse just worried that level of toxicity would be brought here.

mszcz #659812 29/02/20 01:31 PM
stranger
stranger
Times change, get over it. BG3 will be significantly more successful under Larian’s watch than if it’d continued down the same path.

cdx #659818 29/02/20 01:47 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by cdx

1) People who care and respect BG for what i was

I'm right here. I love BG1/2, the originals even more than the EEs. My ideal BG3, even today, would be an Infinity Engine game with a new story, even though I know that's ridiculous.

I want BG3 to be as good as possible, even though I know that my ideal game will never be (unless some small studio clones IE and writes an amazing story). If you want a better BG3, you might want to give some constructive criticism.

It doesn't seem like you do. Based on that and the way you give your opinions, I've lost any interest in discussing things with you. Have a good day smile

Possitive input? OK

The way BG3 should look like:
Imagine DA:O, with BG setting, with upgrated sneaking to the level beyond (awesome looking backstabbig, sneaking on the ceiling maybe and jumping behind the opponents)
Imagine costum spell creation that Tyrnanny does. You can create your own way of playing mages.
Imagine 'living' world of POE and character creation. City in POE2, BG2.. you could spend there hours just scouting whats happening around every corner.
Imagine BGs party setup, its characters and diversity. Story line, the one true antagonist.. with a proper twist.. flying ships? In fantasy world? Whats next? Machine-guns?
Imagine Infinity engine upgrade, hand painted buildings, caves, forest.
Imagine awsome DA:O-like finishers.
Imagine creating your own character who is really somebody..a powerfull Child of Bhaal.. not just a guy with a fish inside hes head.
Do you remeber the first time you faced the Dragon in BG? Big-ass madafaka? Here with camera around your head? Impossible to create a feeling that you face a huge monster. All You see is a 20k cube.. cool.
Imagine active pause game where your good team cooridantions makes you feel like you are a part of a good dark fantasy movie!
Imagine that when you play an RPG game on paper, its all about your head. Your imagination creates a whole adventure... does it looks like a rolliing cubes and chess-is map? No. It looks like your the most powerfull Thief/barbarian/mage or whatever whos looking with hes friends to make things happend, even if its just drinking in a tavern.
Imagine great soundtrack, spell voices.. god damn even tho change to stone spell was terrible i loved tto used it on enemies, just as a show-up.
Take all that BG-ish games did well, combine it together and there you go. Perfect BG3.

Last edited by mszcz; 29/02/20 02:28 PM.
Trynvae #659821 29/02/20 01:59 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Trynvae
Times change, get over it. BG3 will be significantly more successful under Larian’s watch than if it’d continued down the same path.

Well duh considering that the same path is the Electronic Arts one

mszcz #659866 29/02/20 04:47 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
funny how i get chided for calling people boomers when "you are underage" appears to be the argument here (which conveniently can be made up on spot)

Let me tell you something.
Why do you think Baldurs Gate made such a "Huge impact"?
because you were 14 years old and the game mentioned sex so it looked mature to your immature mind.

The present isnt here to coddle the past, i prefer a good video game over one that is entierly based on stimulating that part of your brain thats still stuck in his teens.

Baldurs Gate exists because not all developers back then wanted to make games identical to the gold box games.
By your own mindset, RPGs would still be dungeon crawlers with no story at all

Last edited by Sordak; 29/02/20 04:48 PM.
Thrall #659869 29/02/20 04:50 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thrall
Baldur's Gate 3
cruel dark fanatasy world - ✓
chaotic yet rewarding encouters - ✓
amazing story - ✓
great side characters - ✓

HAHAHA. Dream on. This game has NONE of these things, and that's the main reason it sucks. The shitty combat system is just bonus.

mszcz #659888 29/02/20 05:14 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
Can you also predict the Lotto results for me? aperently you can look into the future quite well...

Sordak #659897 29/02/20 05:42 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Sordak
funny how i get chided for calling people boomers when "you are underage" appears to be the argument here (which conveniently can be made up on spot)

because you were 14 years old and the game mentioned sex so it looked mature to your immature mind.

The present isnt here to coddle the past, i prefer a good video game over one that is entierly based on stimulating that part of your brain thats still stuck in his teens.

Baldurs Gate exists because not all developers back then wanted to make games identical to the gold box games.

so apparently u r the one i describe at the begining. The one who doesnt care about BG itself.. u just want a good game. Cool you will have one, but its not Baldurs Gate 3. It will be some DOS 1/2 patchwork

Last edited by mszcz; 29/02/20 05:54 PM.
Sordak #659899 29/02/20 05:43 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak

The game made impact because, for the time, it was vast, deep, with an ungodly amount of writing and actual choices that mattered - and mature themes. It still does today, even if obviously doesn't have the same impact.

mszcz #659906 29/02/20 06:04 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
Its gonna be Baldurs Gate 3 friendo, look at the top of the screen, its literally called that and theres nothing you can do about it :^)

I personally dont care, i wouldve bought OS3 aswell.

mszcz #659941 29/02/20 08:29 PM
D
D
If you call a car a boat, that doesn't make the car an actual boat because words have meaning. And so do names. Calling Larian's "BG3" doesn't make it a Baldur's Gate game when it doesn't portray any of the meaning that the existing Baldur's Gate series is known for.

And when Larian's "BG3" is a clone of the D:OS series, then it contains the meaning of that word - which makes it a D:OS game and not a BG game.

Dark_Ansem #659947 29/02/20 08:45 PM
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
You literally created an account just to complain?

How else are people supposed to get heard?
If you think only people that share your mindset should post, then the entire point of forums is rendered moot.

I too played BG2 20+ times. I too am skeptical of this, but not quite as the OP. What people are looking for it that old spark. Larian did some good games, so they just might be able to recreate at least a portion of it. Maybe. Story, writing and most importantly ATMOSPHERE is absolutely the center piece. If that doesn't mesh, everyhing else is pointless.

I'm already seeing some red flags that I hope are just false flags.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard