Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Emrikol Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I don't know if you played DOS2 or not, but your character was not permanently dead if teleported into lava.

Anyway, the overriding point is that anything players can do, npcs should be able to do as well (from an AI stand point).

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Emrikol
I don't know if you played DOS2 or not, but your character was not permanently dead if teleported into lava.

Anyway, the overriding point is that anything players can do, npcs should be able to do as well (from an AI stand point).

No, but in D&D a character that falls into lava will pretty much be permanently dead since there's no way to extract you in most cases. Sure, if you have a wish spell or (or some other very powerful magic) you could save them but that's about it. The other option is that they veer further away from D&D, though I don't see that as a good solution either

Last edited by Ugmaro; 06/03/20 05:13 PM. Reason: typo
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to there to be better FoW (so we can't "see" into areas the characters should not be able to see.)

And I'd like vision types to be a thing.

Emrikol Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Experience gain is another. It was too easy to outlevel the content for the Acts in DOS2. Act 1 not so much, but which each progressive Act the potential level gap between opponents and players grew. Perhaps it won't be as big a deal in a D&D, though.

journeyman
journeyman
Weapons should have a reach value.
The difference in values determines aditional bonuses/penalites in combat. Basically, the guy with a shorter weapon should have a harder time getting close enough (to hit penalty) to the guy with a longer weapon, like in real life. Reach is a VERY big advantage.

Emrikol Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Ellderon
Weapons should have a reach value.
The difference in values determines aditional bonuses/penalites in combat. Basically, the guy with a shorter weapon should have a harder time getting close enough (to hit penalty) to the guy with a longer weapon, like in real life. Reach is a VERY big advantage.

Reach values exist in DOS2. A spear can reach a lot farther than a dagger. There are no other bonuses or penalties though.

I'm in agreement with the first three posts. To latch onto the loot bonanza.. I'm generally not someone who favors streamlining or anything, but the inventory needs to be toned down for sanity reasons.

The amount of junk, useless stuff, crafting of useless stuff, etc. needs to be completely gutted. Even items that have a purpose need to be either combined or streamlined a bit to decrease the amount of stuff in inventories.

The teleporting abuse and inventory were two of my biggest gripes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard