Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#661957 06/03/20 12:07 PM
Ugmaro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hello everyone! I've seen there are quite a few discussions going on and have noticed 5 main points that people seem to be discussing about. This thread is not meant to start a discussion about any of these points, I'm just wondering how people feel about some of these things. If I've forgotten to add an option about something important or to ask a certain question that someone found important, feel free to say so in response (or even add a strawpoll yourself) but PLEASE do not go into a long rant about what the "right" thing is or how others feel. As I've said, I'm just curious about people's thoughts smile

TB vs RTwP:
http://www.strawpoll.me/19493130
Bonus actions:
http://www.strawpoll.me/19493149
Reactions:
http://www.strawpoll.me/19493159
Tone and style:
http://www.strawpoll.me/19493169
Origin characters:
http://www.strawpoll.me/19493182

Ugmaro #661968 06/03/20 12:45 PM
veteran
veteran
Definitely more reactions please.

Ugmaro #661982 06/03/20 01:29 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Just a side note Ugmaro, in TB sv RTwP u should also add 2 check-able answers like TB & RTwP optional or make a separate pool with that kind of answers. Just saying, maybe that way U will catch more pips checking RTwP that way if that is ur goal. Coz My straight answer is TB

(Ask if u wish that I delete my post)

Last edited by PeteRock; 06/03/20 01:34 PM.
Ugmaro #661993 06/03/20 01:48 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
it appears that almost everyone agrees on

>TB combat
>Reactions should be in
>Custom before origin characters
>tone is fine as is.

The only divisive thing seems to be the bonus acitons where the definitive answers are 44/44 at least when i looked at it.

>Pete rock
kek, nice try mate

PeteRock #661997 06/03/20 01:58 PM
Ugmaro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by PeteRock
Just a side note Ugmaro, in TB sv RTwP u should also add 2 check-able answers like TB & RTwP optional or make a separate pool with that kind of answers. Just saying, maybe that way U will catch more pips checking RTwP that way if that is ur goal. Coz My straight answer is TB

Thanks for the comment - I forgot about those two options (you can see that I haven't really done it super systematically), I was just wondering about preferences. The way I see it is if you make the game TB and make an RTwP adaptation, the adaptation itself will of a "poor quality" (vice versa as well) due to balancing issues. While I'm not specifically against that, I just didn't think of it as an actually viable option. I can add another strawpoll to it with the additional options (for others that might be interested) but asking people to revisit it is kind of a hassle to everyone - perhaps you could do it so I don't give you credit while "putting words into your mouth"?
On a personal note on the topic, my answer was TB - I was exited at the prospect of a video game based fully on D&D 5e, along with all of it's rules.

As a comment to everyone else that filled it out: Thanks for answering! If you have any friends you'd like to direct to it, feel free to. If you have any questions you'd like to ask feel free to post them here (best if you do it in a strawpoll form yourself and I just edit it into my first post.

Ugmaro #662000 06/03/20 02:08 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Before this turns into yet another full-fledged TB/RTwP discussion, take it to the pinned thread please.

J'aime le fromage.
Sordak #662008 06/03/20 02:22 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak

>TB combat
>Reactions should be in
>tone is fine as is.

The only divisive thing seems to be the bonus acitons where the definitive answers are 44/44 at least when i looked at it.

>Pete rock
kek, nice try mate

You really have a strange definition of "everyone", even more strange according there is less than 40 opinions laugh

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 02:22 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Ugmaro #662031 06/03/20 03:38 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Im not trying anything Sordak, I assumed(wrongly so) that he was in RTwP Camp and those ppl are bad in expressing what they really want(at least thats my impression from majority of posts) so that is why I suggested that so that I dont cry from your comments(you yelling at them) any more :P laugh

>TB combat
>Reactions should be in
>tone is fine as is.

>Pete rock
kek, nice try mate

Im good Ugmaro thx, I am in TB Camp & my opinion is that BG3 should be TB coz that is what I want from BG3 to be most authentic D&D game it can be. And I agree with u to make BG3 RTwP optional would be resource intensive BUT if it is possible trough development, DLC or mod support, why not make all ppl happy? As I said above Im in TB camp and Im not advocate of RTwP but I can nudge here and there to help them a bit.

BUT In other news, Why is no one yelling about half orc/ orcs as a possible origin char?? Am I the only one? Come on PIPS WHINE!! smile
(SRY I needed to get that of my chest XD)

Originally Posted by Ugmaro

Thanks for the comment - I forgot about those two options (you can see that I haven't really done it super systematically), I was just wondering about preferences. The way I see it is if you make the game TB and make an RTwP adaptation, the adaptation itself will of a "poor quality" (vice versa as well) due to balancing issues. While I'm not specifically against that, I just didn't think of it as an actually viable option. I can add another strawpoll to it with the additional options (for others that might be interested) but asking people to revisit it is kind of a hassle to everyone - perhaps you could do it so I don't give you credit while "putting words into your mouth"?
On a personal note on the topic, my answer was TB - I was exited at the prospect of a video game based fully on D&D 5e, along with all of it's rules.

As a comment to everyone else that filled it out: Thanks for answering! If you have any friends you'd like to direct to it, feel free to. If you have any questions you'd like to ask feel free to post them here (best if you do it in a strawpoll form yourself and I just edit it into my first post.

Ugmaro #662036 06/03/20 03:45 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
you cant realy count the voices of people who havent voted good grief.

The poll on 4chan basically went the same tho even less skewed.

PeteRock #662043 06/03/20 03:51 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Guys:

Im not trying anything Sordak, I assumed(wrongly so) that he was in RTwP Camp [...]

>TB combat

Im good Ugmaro thx, I am in TB Camp & my opinion is that BG3 should be TB coz that is what I want from BG3 to be most authentic D&D game it can be. And I agree with u to make BG3 RTwP optional would be resource intensive BUT if it is possible trough development, DLC or mod support, why not make all ppl happy? As I said above Im in TB camp and Im not advocate of RTwP but I can nudge here and there to help them a bit.

BUT In other news, Why is no one yelling about half orc/ orcs as a possible origin char?? Am I the only one? Come on PIPS WHINE!! smile
(SRY I needed to get that of my chest XD)

Originally Posted by Ugmaro

Use the pinned topic. This subject has derailed far too many threads as it is and far more than it deserves. There is more to BG3 than TB/RTwP, don't make every discussion focus on it.

J'aime le fromage.
Ugmaro #662054 06/03/20 04:21 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm so incredibly confused about the fact that people keep pretending the two Baldur's Gate were two exceptionally dark and grim games.
They weren't. Not in art style nor in tone or narrative.
They were basically your run-of-the-mill Saturday Morning Fantasy.
Planescape: Torment was a far, FAR darker and mature game both in tone and and visual style.

Hell, the entire premise of the Mind Flayers moving openly against cities of the Sword Coast is already fairly more cupe than most of what you experienced through an entire BG2 campaign and having them as the (at least at first) designed villains is already more intimidating of what the previous BG games were setting you up against.

EDIT: Also, not sure why people are assuming the game is going to remove reactions and stuff only after seeing one gameplay video with level 1 characters.

Last edited by Tuco; 06/03/20 04:32 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #662058 06/03/20 04:36 PM
Ugmaro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm so incredibly confused about the fact that people keep pretending the two Baldur's Gate were two exceptionally dark and grim games.
They weren't. Not in art style nor in tone or narrative.
They were basically your run-of-the-mill Saturday Morning Fantasy.
Planescape: Torment was a far, FAR darker and mature game both in tone and and visual style.

Hell, the entire premise of the Mind Flayers moving openly against cities of the Sword Coast is already fairly more cupe than most of what you experienced through an entire BG2 campaign and having them as the (at least at first) designed villains is already more intimidating of what the previous BG games were setting you up against.

EDIT: Also, not sure why people are assuming the game is going to remove reactions and stuff only after seeing one gameplay video with level 1 characters.

Again, I've only made this to collect info about how people (EDIT: or myself - I'm a human and thus selfish after all :P) feel in regards to each topic that seemed strongly discussed, not to start another discussion.

In regards to the reactions, it was said (I believe in an interview, check the relevant thread on reactions) that only AoO would be implemented to not slow down combat through appearing menus or whatever.

Last edited by Ugmaro; 06/03/20 04:39 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard