Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#662051 06/03/20 04:08 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So what relics and artefact would you lot like to see in Baldur's Gate 3 I would like to have the staff of the magi this is my all time favourite staff to have in DND video games smile

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
enthusiast
enthusiast
I would like to see some custom ones.

veteran
veteran
Mind flayer-related ones obvs.

apprentice
apprentice
I want to see this:

Speaking Sword Lilarcor

I would like to see an upgraded version of it or better, the possibility to upgrade it over and over. So i have an 5th companion.

Last edited by Wiborg Sturmfels; 06/03/20 04:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I personally hope they don't add in some super old unique OP items (like staff of magi) but instead new ones - I don't at all mind unique or old (in game universe sense), just as long as it's not the be all end all of magic items that was used by every single hero ever before you. The idea that they're mind flayer related seems nice.

A good example of this is Keening from the elder scrolls universe.. the nerevarine dies if he touches it without wraithguard and is really really good while everyone in skyrim seems to handle it just fine and it sucks. Let that one legendary weapon that's lost stay a legendary lost weapon and go make new ones instead! smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
I would like to see some custom ones.

I do like the idea of making your own artifact I mean others have done it before I really can't see why our custom character can't do the same but if we can make our own artifacts we will need to be a really high level to do it

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
enthusiast
enthusiast
I didn't mean for custom characters to create the artifacts. I mean for Larian to include some custom artifacts of their design and story related. There is a whole section in the DMG about creating relics and artifacts.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I didn't mean for custom characters to create the artifacts. I mean for Larian to include some custom artifacts of their design and story related. There is a whole section in the DMG about creating relics and artifacts.

Well Larian Studios are going by the book on this so if you want custom ones it will only be by making yourself

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Well Larian Studios are going by the book on this so if you want custom ones it will only be by making yourself

That is why I hope for them. It's in the book how to create custom relics and artifacts. A whole section in the DMG for the DM to make them. Larian is the DM. So we can hope Larian utilizes that section of the DMG in making their game.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

That is why I hope for them. It's in the book how to create custom relics and artifacts. A whole section in the DMG for the DM to make them. Larian is the DM. So we can hope Larian utilizes that section of the DMG in making their game.

If I could make artefact it would be make a the book of neutrality or a talisman of ultimate neutrality

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The deck of many things could be fun to have in Baldur's Gate 3

enthusiast
enthusiast
The high card goes first. silly

apprentice
apprentice
The spear he looted from the tomb in the gameplay demo looked pretty sweet.

Had a chance to cast farie fire on hit.

veteran
veteran
Cubic gate as power source for our Nautiloid fortress

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Cubic gate as power source for our Nautiloid fortress

A cubic gate would be great for a warlock you could do your shopping in the nine hells or in the abyss

Last edited by TheInfinitySock; 08/03/20 02:25 AM.

I am happy for any items from baldur s gate 2/1 or other similar games... smile

Flail of Ages !!!,
Cloak of the Sewers, Carsomyr, Dak'kon's Zerth Blade - not necessary the baldur s gate version :),
helm/cloak of Balduran,
some Dragon Scale armor...

Golem Manual, Black Spider Figurine or maybe the summoning item Drizzt uses for his "cat" :),

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard