Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#662972 09/03/20 04:00 PM
deserk Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So Larian doesn't really have a tradition of making expansion packs, but it would be really awesome if they would consider doing it for this game, given that this is a bigger game than they've made before. At launch they're probably not going to be able to add in everything from the 5e ruleset for BG3, so an exp pack gives them the chance to include more extra features such as new classes and races. Also, a new campaign in the style of Throne of Bhaal (BG2) or Hordes of the Underdark (NWN1) for higher lvl characters would be really welcome. Could perhaps take us to the Underdark, the Elemental Planes, Hells/Abyss, or perhaps just to distant and exotic lands like Chult or Calimshan, that we haven't seen before in a CRPG.

Last edited by deserk; 09/03/20 04:02 PM.
addict
addict
Modules/Adventures have been a staple of D&D for forty years, so I sure hope so. From a business standpoint, there is a lot of $$ to made there. Though expansions/modules will not necessitate the need for an export/import function for characters, such a function definitely should be available so we are not playing stand along scenarios. On a related note, there should also be the tools to create adventures ourselves.

veteran
veteran
Larian isn't keen on DLC, as a style choice

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Larian isn't keen on DLC, as a style choice

They might contract any DLC or Expansion out to another company, like they did with Divinity: Fallen Heroes, which while not a DLC, is substaincal. They also outsourced their gift bags.

veteran
veteran
For one I liked that post release Larian was traditionally pouring resources into improving and revising base adventures rather then making new content to sell.

First I would rather see how I like the base game before asking for expansions.

N
old hand
old hand
N
The only expansion pack I am really waiting for is the DM mode. Having all the creatures and assets to create proper DnD campaigns online would be glorious.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well there is a DND book that is coming out in June that might let us go up to level 30 so we might get a expansion pack for Baldur's Gate 3 but it's best to wait until Baldur's Gate 3 comes out first

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Well there is a DND book that is coming out in June that might let us go up to level 30 so we might get a expansion pack for Baldur's Gate 3 but it's best to wait until Baldur's Gate 3 comes out first

Huh?

Originally Posted by Nyanko
The only expansion pack I am really waiting for is the DM mode. Having all the creatures and assets to create proper DnD campaigns online would be glorious.

It should be a patch coming with the editor lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Huh?

Originally Posted by Nyanko

It should be a patch coming with the editor lol

Here is the link to the new DND book https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/mythic-odysseys-theros

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm not a fan of the Magic the Gathering/D&D cross-over they did, the last was one called Guild Guide to Ravnica I think, looks like they're doing another one. So few releases for D&D 5e, and they can't seem to be bothered in supporting the D&D brand with those few, that's kind of disappointing.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard