Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bercon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Did Larian answer anywhere if it's possible to have more than 3 companions? So the extra ones would sit in the camp, like in Pathfinder: Kingmaker you select which you want with you whenever you leave the capital.

enthusiast
enthusiast
From what I have gotten from the AMA we will only have 4 members at a time in the party do to only having 8 companions but that might change so we will have to just wait and see what happens in BG3 smile

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
veteran
veteran
i love games that manage and somehow make use of an "extended cast" beyond who you are bringing along at any give time (the recent Pathfinder Kingmaker comes to mind),, so I'd be all for that.
But realisticallt I'm afraid that may be too much to handle for Larian.

They seem to be laser focused on sticking on their past design decisions and gimmicks, currently.
Even just asking to match the number of party members allowed in the old BG games is apparently too much, according to some.

Last edited by Tuco; 16/03/20 01:33 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
i love games that manage and somehow make use of an "extended cast" beyond who you are bringing along at any give time (the recent Pathfinder Kingkaer comes to mind),, so I'd be all for that.
But realisticallt I'm afraid that may be too much to handle for Larian.

They seem to be laser focused on sticking on their past design decisions and gimmicks, currently.
Even just asking to match the number of party members allowed in the old BG games is apparently too much, according to some.

Well the problem is people want more depth to the companions I am also one of them which means you really can't have like 29 companions like in BG1E with a lot of depth to them if you have lots of companions that's means less depth to them

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
journeyman
journeyman
This is discussed here, I think.
Even though the title of this thread is a bit more... Better.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
From what I have gotten from the AMA we will only have 4 members at a time in the party do to only having 8 companions but that might change so we will have to just wait and see what happens in BG3 smile

Wait there will be only 8 companions in BG 3? Can you please link me where did thay mentioned this? I was hoping that there will be at least 10 companions/origin characters.

Last edited by vometia; 16/03/20 02:11 AM. Reason: formatting
veteran
veteran
I don't think anything of that kind was said.

Due to coop design my guess would be no. It's likely we will be meeting companions regularly (as it is the case in D:OS2) so to give player a chance to swap them if need be. They might even have waiting spots in Baldur's Gate like in Athkatla.

Frankly, having to choose your companions would be in line with Baldur's Gates - I didn't really like how newer games allow you to be buddies with everyone. Roleplaying is roleplaying dammit - pick you buddies and suffer consequences.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LaserOstrich
This is discussed here, I think.
Even though the title of this thread is a bit more... Better.

It's not the same discussion at all.
There is just some incidental overlapping, but ha's asking for something different than me.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
True, my bad.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard