Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
[link deleted]

I decided to post the link here, and I posted it on men's rights reddit because there are few places of compassiom for men, but that is one.

Last edited by vometia; 28/04/20 05:46 AM. Reason: deleted link to fund-me site
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
I decided to post the link here, and I posted it on men's rights reddit because there are few places of compassiom for men, but that is one.

Sorry, but no. I agree with the OP being able to talk here about his situation and to give updates but no links to fundraising sites are allowed. This has to be a non-negotiable rule as it will cause other people to ask why they can't also do so, and why not sell, promote stuff and so on. Sorry, I know it's important, but this is not the place to do it. PMs are fine as long as they aren't unsolicited (in which case let me or one of the other mods know) but no public links.

Edited to add: currently discussing it with Raze.

Last edited by vometia; 28/04/20 11:35 AM.

J'aime le fromage.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
[link deleted]

Originally Posted by vometia

Sorry, but no. I agree with the OP being able to talk here about his situation and to give updates but no links to fundraising sites are allowed. This has to be a non-negotiable rule as it will cause other people to ask why they can't also do so, and why not sell, promote stuff and so on. Sorry, I know it's important, but this is not the place to do it. PMs are fine as long as they aren't unsolicited (in which case let me or one of the other mods know) but no public links.

Edited to add: currently discussing it with Raze.

I appreciate the thought, Omegaphallic, but please don't get in trouble on my account.

vometia has a very legit concern; if they allowed people to post links to fundraisers or crowed funding, then the forums might just get overrun with people looking to make an easy buck, or it would just derail the forums after awhile.

Last edited by Eguzky; 28/04/20 02:34 PM.
Banned
Banned
not to be a complete dick, because I am really supportive of you getting the help you need (honestly, our arguments aside, I hope you find stability!), but let's just request to move this thread into general discussions, where it belongs. it shouldn't be closed or dismissed, just put in the right spot.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by qhristoff
not to be a complete dick, because I am really supportive of you getting the help you need (honestly, our arguments aside, I hope you find stability!), but let's just request to move this thread into general discussions, where it belongs. it shouldn't be closed or dismissed, just put in the right spot.

That's also in hand: the reason it's been left here is because general chat is languishing down at the bottom of a very, very long forum list and practically nobody ever notices it's there. I've been agitating about moving it for ages as we need official approval to make what would be considered a significant change and anyone who can do so has been terribly busy. But hopefully soon, at which point non-BG stuff can find a new home.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

After some discussion, I wouldn't have a problem with the fundraising link in the chat forum (technically where this topics should be, but with the forum being fairly slow, there's no rush to move it until the organisation can be addressed).

Obviously this is subject to change if circumstances warrant doing so, and any restrictions may need to be stricter on new forum members than the existing community if things start being spammed. I would not expect that to be a problem, though, as fewer people would trust / help someone with a random fundraiser without knowing them or any kind of vetting, so at least in theory there is a natural disincentive to do so (or spam everywhere, but that is generally easy to spot).
It has not been an issue so far, at least; one person posted that they were selling a laptop in the chat forum, after asking if it was ok to do so first, and a few people have posted links to various game Kickstarters that Divinity fans may be interested in (as I'm sure Divinity fans have done in other forums when Larian Kickstarters were live).

Theoretically I shouldn't need to say this, but practically:
This is a public forum, open to all (who are old enough to play Larian games). There is no curation of content, and lack of moderation does not constitute agreement or an endorsement of anything posted. In general moderation is used sparingly, and preferably it would only be required to deal with spam (so ideally not required at all).

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

After some discussion, I wouldn't have a problem with the fundraising link in the chat forum (technically where this topics should be, but with the forum being fairly slow, there's no rush to move it until the organisation can be addressed).

Obviously this is subject to change if circumstances warrant doing so, and any restrictions may need to be stricter on new forum members than the existing community if things start being spammed. I would not expect that to be a problem, though, as fewer people would trust / help someone with a random fundraiser without knowing them or any kind of vetting, so at least in theory there is a natural disincentive to do so (or spam everywhere, but that is generally easy to spot).
It has not been an issue so far, at least; one person posted that they were selling a laptop in the chat forum, after asking if it was ok to do so first, and a few people have posted links to various game Kickstarters that Divinity fans may be interested in (as I'm sure Divinity fans have done in other forums when Larian Kickstarters were live).

Theoretically I shouldn't need to say this, but practically:
This is a public forum, open to all (who are old enough to play Larian games). There is no curation of content, and lack of moderation does not constitute agreement or an endorsement of anything posted. In general moderation is used sparingly, and preferably it would only be required to deal with spam (so ideally not required at all).

I want to make sure; if/when this gets moved to general, I can add the link, but I should not do so until then?
Edit: To clarify; I will still probably wait until this topic is moved, or at least wait a few weeks to avoid spamming, before I would post the link if I were given permission to do so. I just like being clear on rules because 'I did not know' is never an excuse when all it takes is asking first. smile

Last edited by Eguzky; 30/04/20 02:57 AM.
Support
Support

Correct.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard