Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
One question that came to mind is about enemies/monsters in the game. Is there any random factor at all? Or is it like Diablo 1 where monsters are always the same and never respawn? I would personally prefer if there was some kind of randomness and respawn in the game so the each playthrough wasnt exactly the same. Im not even exactly sure how they could do that but one of my issues with DoS2 is that once i beat it ill know every encounter with no variation on the next playthrough.

Im not the biggest WoW fan but one of the reasons its always easy to pick back up is because there are so many starting and midlevel areas. Yes i know, there are no random encounters and no monster variation but they respawn and if you enjoy grinding, thats a plus. I feel like games with no monster respawns feel more linear and restrictive because you cant stay in an area you enjoy if there are no more monsters to fight, ever.

Idk, maybe this wont be an issue once i actually play it...but sometimes you just want to go out and fight stuff and not necessarily follow any quest or story line, i think they call that "street sweeping".

EDIT: heres an example, maybe once you clear a cave of x monster, y monster moves in. Or a new cave pops up randomly, random travelling monsters, pack, etc., based on RNG? There are plenty of tables in all the 5E books for encounters. There is also tech that other gaming companies use to build randomly generated instances...i hope they utilize this. That alone could give enough diversity to really add to replayability.

Last edited by deathidge; 13/04/20 11:14 PM.
addict
addict
I'm pretty sure there will be no random encounters. I think it was asked and answered at the AMA.

OP Offline
Well thats a damn shame

Banned
Banned
no random encounters and no open world map. everything is scripted & act based.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard