Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
(Sorry if my English is not the best, is not my first language)

I joined this forums right after beating BG2 EE just to write this:

Me and 2 other friends played through all of Original sin 1 (modded) & 2 and loved it a lot, so when we read that Larian was working on BG3 we thought "might as well play BG1&2" and boy did we regret it......for like 10 hours.

Our 3 created characters were a Human Blade Bard, a Dwarf Cleric and a Human Totemic Druid (me) and for the first 10 hours of BG1 it was hell. Everything killed us, we had such a high Thaco we couldn't hit anything, khalid and jaheira didn't exactly help (we eventually did the trick to kick Jaheira without Khalid leaving us), we didn't take the clearly chaotic evil companions at the begging after leaving candlekeep so we didn't have any sort of spellcasting until we found Neera (which we kick soon after, more of that in a minute), personally i hated my character because i didn't knew that most armors, weapons and shields are not usable by druids and it said that druids were good with scimitars and wakizashi and we didn't buy the 1 scimitar in candle keep and i spend a lot of time with just a quarterstaff......basically we hated BG1 so much we pretty much told our self's "We are not gonna like BG3", but then we found...................HIM......Minsc............and we hated him, because he couldn't hit anything, we basically took him to finish his quest then kick him out, but then..... it happened......he leveled up and got a proficiency point and we noticed he had +2 to 2hnded weapons but not in 2handed fighting style so we put a point there and our experience went from total hate to absolute love for the game.

Everything he hit died, so many crits, everything exploding into chunks of meat left and right, doomsayer gone, basilisk gone, skeleton warriors, gone, an entire village of Xvarts massacred by this bald god and his pet hamster while us 3 just couldn't contain our laugh at every enemy exploding to the point that "Jeeeeeesus Minsc, go easy on them" become a running joke between us IRL. Thanks to him we leveled up, got more spells for the cleric and my druid (sadly our blade bard didnt want to learn any spells besides identify and Knock) plus we got Dynaheir (why we kicked Neera so we could keep Minsc) and became our nuking mage throwing so many fireballs while invisible before sending Minsc in with an army of bears, skeletons and Nymphs

One character, one single character change our entire experience with baldurs gate and now me and my friends cant wait for BG3 and we hope, we really hope we can see our favorite ranger murder machine in BG3.

TL:DR Please Larian put Minsc and Boo in the game

Last edited by Somechileandouch; 01/05/20 05:42 AM.
veteran
veteran
Larian has been notably coy on the subject of Minsc. However, that said BG 3 takes place 100 years after the end of BG 2.

veteran
veteran
Actually Minsc could be alive if you follow the canon story of the ranger made by WotC, referenced in the AP "Murder in Baldur´s gate" and "Descent into avernus" and the comic books.

The baalspawn crisis was in 1368-1369 DR, but after that:

In the plaza of Baldur´s gate there is a statue, known as the Beloved Ranger, depicted Minsc cupping Boo in his hands. It was a popular landmark and meeting point in the busy commercial district.Unbeknownst to anyone at the time, the statue was actually the real Minsc and Boo under the effects of petrification magic.

Sometime in the 1480s DR, the Beloved Ranger was accidentally struck by a wild magic surge caused by the wild mage Delina, as a result of an attempt to cast a spell at an attacking gargoyle. The surge dispelled the petrification effect, returning Minsc and Boo to life.

Sc:https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Minsc

Last edited by _Vic_; 01/05/20 09:12 PM.
Wow, well that's hilarious!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Actually Minsc could be alive if you follow the canon story of the ranger made by WotC, referenced in the AP "Murder in Baldur´s gate" and "Descent into avernus" and the comic books.

The baalspawn crisis was in 1368-1369 DR, but after that:

In the plaza of Baldur´s gate there is a statue, known as the Beloved Ranger, depicted Minsc cupping Boo in his hands. It was a popular landmark and meeting point in the busy commercial district.Unbeknownst to anyone at the time, the statue was actually the real Minsc and Boo under the effects of petrification magic.

Sometime in the 1480s DR, the Beloved Ranger was accidentally struck by a wild magic surge caused by the wild mage Delina, as a result of an attempt to cast a spell at an attacking gargoyle. The surge dispelled the petrification effect, returning Minsc and Boo to life.

Sc:https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Minsc

Hope that means they can put him in the game, if not, at least a reference to him and boo will be enough for me and my friends

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard