Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#667892 07/06/20 01:26 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just a suggestion. But in the Infinity Engine games when I click on a spot I want to go to on the map the party walks to that spot. It drives me crazy when I try to do that out of habit while playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and nothing happens. Then I keep having to switch from my party and then back to my map instead of just clicking once on the map where I want to go. It's a small thing but the small things are what will make it feel like Baldurs Gate 3 and not DO3.

Thanks

addict
addict
I completely agree.

Also, I would like to see party formation controls as well ... so many games ever since Neverwinter Nights dropped the party marching formation controls, and now it is time to bring them back. I guess in multiplayer it is not so important, but in single player I think it adds a lot of strategic value.

stranger
stranger
Great suggestions!

veteran
veteran
Yes to both.

veteran
veteran
Also putting in a yes to both. I really liked DOS2 but the 'chaining' needs to fixed somehow. I kept experiencing this weird bug or engine quirk or something that when I selected a chained character someone else would interact with an object. Sometimes it was harmless -- like looking for a needle in a haystack but other times I would select Fane and the Red Prince would try stealing from a merchant.

Adding to the suggestion box: a mix of location based and time based banters.

The randomness of the interactions in BG2 partially explain the game's high replay value, interactions that happened in one playthrough wouldn't happen in the next . SoD moved to location based banters but that took away from the replay value. Now X happens, now Y happens . . .

veteran
veteran
I agree as well.

The party selection of the IE games worked well and many other games used it too. The chain mechanic is not needed at all.
Clicking on the map to make them walk should work too.
Its also great if you can select a party formation and create your own custom formation.

In D:OS2 combat felt strange somehow. It was often best to split the party and hide each of them in a different position. The first char could start combat with a first strike and during his turn you also did a first strike to start combat with all other chars. Often you could destroy all enemies before they had a chance to act. It feels like extrem cheese, but it was too efective to ignore it.
So for the first round we already had group initiative, with the advantage to move as much as we want before doing the first strike.

In the beginning I found the game quite hard hard. then I realized that it is a bad idea to start combat as one group. Each char has to start combat as an individual.

When I look at the video of BG3, I think selecting a party formation is both less and more importent than in the IE games. It is less importent to walk around in a formation because it is more importent to place characters before every combat. In the IE game the map was flat and very few enemies had movement other than walking from here to there. In BG3 it will be more importent to place your archer on a hill above the enemy, the mage stands on another hill and the tank is blocking a narrow path before combat starts.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
A
addict
addict
A
what i had like was really 6 party characters and higher level cap.

stranger
stranger
Another thing - it would be great if characters could keep their weapons not only on their back. A dagger on a back looks hilarious. :)

C
stranger
stranger
C
Some of the male faces have a smirk as a resting face. I would like it much better if they didn't look like guys from a boy band smirking about something mischievous they've done.

addict
addict
Ha ha, I read the first two posts and said to myself, "Heck yeah, those are really good points!"

Then I looked at the names of the posters ... ha ha ha. I forgot about this one, hee hee.

As far as resting faces, yeah I suppose a constant smirk would get a little tiresome. I always liked the butt-scratching moves that idle peasants did in the original BG, though. Sort of like the old "pie in the face" scene you just never get tired of seeing.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard