Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#668371 17/06/20 03:07 AM
Duecare Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Please consider adding the weapon sheath to make the weapon attach to the character more realistically; Seeing the weapon hanging in the middle of air is quite absurd comparing to the one they used in Witcher 3

addict
addict
I dont think its ridiculous but I agree would look cool from a sheath....

enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Historically back sheaths weren't used because you can't draw a weapon longer than your arm from a sheath on your back.

Some enterprising folks on youtube developed half sheaths from which you could draw larger weapons but getting the weapons back in the sheath is still problematic.

Fortunately in most fantasy video games characters all learn the MMB cantrip (Mildly Magnetic Back)
With the MMB cantrip all weapons, even those made predominately of wood, attach to your back for easy storage and access.

Thanks to MMB, sheaths are really unnecessary.

apprentice
apprentice
I agree

veteran
veteran
I suspect that sheaths are typically omitted because once the modellers tell the producers the amount of money and work which would be needed to get to the sheaths to properly clip and look good for any sort of weapon, and on any sort of clothing, and on any sort of creature who carries a weapon needing a sheathe, the producers eyes bug out, and they think of all the things they could do if they spent that money and time elsewhere.

That sheathe for a great-axe isn't going to look the same on a half-orc as it does on a halfling.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I suspect that sheaths are typically omitted because once the modellers tell the producers the amount of money and work which would be needed to get to the sheaths to properly clip and look good for any sort of weapon, and on any sort of clothing, and on any sort of creature who carries a weapon needing a sheathe,

Yeah, I would rather have unique looking weapons, then generic looking weapons with sheaths. One could do a little scaling to model and try to attach weapons in more believable way though - like swords and daggers hanging from hip and such.

Levitating weapons on back though have an advantage of being clearly visible to the player.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Sheaths are probably difficult and time consuming to add for the modelers, however please add better weapon placement (swords, dagger, maces placed on the hip). This has always been a gripe for me in rpgs.

I like the swords on the back. If you're dual-wielding at least, the swords should definitely be on the back. Just looks too stylish otherwise.

That said, the sheathing positioning does look awkward even for DWing if you're using a sword and a dagger, for instance.

journeyman
journeyman
I just want one-handed weapons to be on the waist and shields to appear on the back, for me it makes more sense and is much more visually pleasing.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard