Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Isan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, I am new to the forums here, so excuse me if my formating is incorrect for this site. I would like to say, since we first saw Shadoweart, she was my favorite character, by a lot. I absolutely love her design, it is perfect for her character (plus adorable edge waifu). My sentiments were only solidified when watching the recent 90 minute DND live livestream, her voice and mo-cap were fantastic! As you can imagine, I was heartbroken when I saw her new look in parts of that last teaser trailer (and yes it was confirmed they are changing her). She went from bursting with character to generic and horribly bland. I know I am not the only person who thinks this way, people on Reddit were posting about how they love Shadowheart, with many upvotes (of course, only a heathen would not love Shadowheart) and the comments stated how mad they were that she was changing from her look, people stating how dissapointed they were, hoping it wasn't true. Polls showed people preferred her old look; and from what I saw from comments across multiple posts was nobody wanted this change and really like the old (current?) SH. Hell, some people said they thought the new design was a human custom character, that should tell you how much depth we lost. I only ever heard great things about SH, so i'm very confused about why they decided to make this change in the first place. And I do not want to see them have to walk back a change they wasted their dev time on. I know it's WIP, but if the new one shown is showing their design direction for her, I am extremely sad. So me and many others plead to you lord and savior Larian, keep our precious Shadowheart as she is! :cry: This is literally the only issue I currently have with this amazing looking game, thank you and I love you.

stranger
stranger
Honestly I prefer the new Shadowheart look. If only they would change her name...

Isan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I think the one they've had from the beginning is by and far better. And from the few people ive seen that do prefer the new one shown in that teaser trailer, dont seem to care that much one way or the other, and it makes me wonder how valuable this change would even be.

N
old hand
old hand
N
It must have been so minor that I didn't even see the difference. The new Shadowheart is fine as she is in my opinion. In the trailer, it's the same model but with new lighting effects, isn't it?

Isan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
You can see in that teaser when they show new vs old lighting effects she looks very different. They changed her hair and eyes / makeup into a very generic female character. ):

N
old hand
old hand
N
I think you are exaggerating a little. It's just a lighting effect and the fact she's in motion under the embrace of the vampire makes her look different. She hasn't changed much. Don't worry.

Last edited by Nyanko; 25/06/20 02:18 AM.
Isan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The face and hair look quite different in that before and after shot, and I am more trying to voice my concerns as early as possible, since I know Larian values feedback from fans.

Last edited by Isan; 25/06/20 07:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rezeki
If only they would change her name...

+1 up

Last edited by Maximuuus; 25/06/20 06:44 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
veteran
veteran
S
i dont think they redesigned her man.
I think the "redesign" was when you pik shadowheart and customize her.

The recent trailer also features her original design and when Sven played she also had her original look

EDIT: where did they confirm they are changing her?

Last edited by Sordak; 25/06/20 07:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
I am personally ambivalent on the issue, but, I have a couple things to say.

- You are comparing a look that has had minimal dev time (the change must have been *very* recent, as even the demonstration on 18th had the old look), to one they've been using/working on since the beginning, give them some time for polish
- I don't know what polls and places you're talking about, but the poll on BG3 reddit was split down the middle with new look edging ahead by couple votes (148 vs 126) and the same applies to sentiments I've seen
- Your Andromeda hot take is just sad and overdone.

Last edited by Valerie; 25/06/20 07:11 AM.
Isan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Twitter. They used the new one because it is a more complete model (rigging, etc.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Honestly, I didn't really notice the difference. There seems to be an emphasis on her without her tiara/diadem in later gameplay/video footage.

Evil always finds a way.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Rezeki
Honestly I prefer the new Shadowheart look. If only they would change her name...

Same here. You will get used to whatever look they spend their iconic characters. The difference is minor for my taste. Perhaps you can even modify it ingame. We will see. wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Shadowheart is probably a moniker she wears, she has likely taken a new name and forgotten her old one as a form of commitment to the cult of Shar.

Evil always finds a way.
old hand
old hand
Character appearance is likely customizable to a point even for origin characters, like they were for DOS origin characters.

S
veteran
veteran
S
the argument is about the default NPCs tho.
somehow im having my doubts that well be getting the black mirror again

I think the new version definitely looks better, it is one of the best.
If you compare the two next to each other, the old one looks ugly compared to the new model.

Isan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is the most perfect face ever! How can you call it ugly: http://imgur.com/gallery/o8xOl7c

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard