Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#670364 09/07/20 05:15 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A little highlight for me during the RSP interview yesterday was the reveal of a Zhentarim agent (the halfing) in the Goblin camp. Confirming that the Black Network will play some role in BG3. So in that theme which faction would you join if we get the chance and choice?
Let's focus on the main 5.
The Harpers
The Order of the Gauntlet
The Emerald Enclave
The Lord’s Alliance
The Zhentarim

Last edited by TheAscendent; 09/07/20 09:10 PM.

Evil always finds a way.
addict
addict
Sad that the Moonstars are disbanded by the time BG3 takes place. My favorite and the more moraly gray of the factions.

veteran
veteran
Well it would definitely be the non-evil ones for me. I agree about the Moonstars. Always loved the Blackstaff over Elminster. The Harpers were far too often the good side's version of 'our ends justify our means' which is a philosophy I utterly reject.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Zhentarim for me! Pragmatic, evil and spread out with plenty of contacts.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
Since we´ll be going to BG maybe we could also join the "Flaming fist" or the "Cult of the Dead three" or Tiamat´s? It would be great if you can also join some organizations based on your race, like a gith becoming a sword stalker, a halfling that could join the Hin Fist order or the Arvoreen`s marchers, etc.

Of the aforementioned, I´ll definitely join the "Emerald enclave"
Not the most diplomatic of the bunch, but you can count with them when push comes to shove and you need expert survivalists to restore the balance.

Last edited by _Vic_; 09/07/20 08:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Of these choices, Order of the Gauntlet - but am hoping the Order of the Radiant Heart, its successor or a similar, new LG faction will be available.

Makes me wonder if there will be (now or perhaps in a future expansion) strongholds as well? smile

The greatest of evils we face may lie within
S
veteran
veteran
S
>harpers
thanks for reminding me those exist.
If theyre in the game i hope you get the choice to treat them like the terrorists they are, rather than "totaly good guys"

old hand
old hand
I need an alternative for my beloved Shadow Thieves from Athkatla and not much is known about The Guild / Calim Jewel Emporium in Baldur's Gate. So I lean towards the Zhentarim.

veteran
veteran
I'm pretty sure, there will be more factions later in BG. I hope to be able to join a thieves guild again. And that my bards will have the possibility to join some artistic group.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
THE CULT OF THE UNSEEING EYE, I want to feed some beholders

Last edited by Xzoviac; 06/07/22 01:02 PM.
fylimar #818680 06/07/22 01:13 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fylimar
I'm pretty sure, there will be more factions later in BG. I hope to be able to join a thieves guild again. And that my bards will have the possibility to join some artistic group.

Sure there is. I mentioned Rilsa Rael's Thieves Guild, and there are recruitment flyers at Druids Grove about an "Adventuring Guild" and the Flaming Fist. It would be very disappointing if one could only accept assignments in a recruitment letter without being accepted into the respective guild.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Now that we have Bards...The Scarlet Mummers.

Good DLC theme maybe.

A bit niche, and not. Lliira was a minor force but was over the top passionate. If any of her flock were in danger, the Mummers would be there to hit hard.

Background

A clearer picture

Addendum: This would be an absolutely amazing background for a Bard origin character. They are secretly a Mummer, and a jealous Lliira soothes his/her thoughts, even as she carefully ponders how to guide one of her favorite acolytes.

Larian wouldn't have to start from scratch, if they have developed a Bard character already. By nature, a Mummer leads a double life. This would just add incredible depth to their existing efforts.

~"How spectacular it is to learn something new about a character that you have created."

~Me

Last edited by Van'tal; 08/07/22 10:49 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard