S
seno Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi all

I am now at 300+ hours.
and suddenly I have extreme lags when I try to loot. it takes 2-5 seconds to pick up the loot.
also all npcs don't respond when I click on them. I can't speak to anyone.
in addition, the teleport no longer works. not the spell. I mean the one for the world map.
Whoever I try to teleport to somewhere else, does nothing. I think that has something to do with the lags.
I already fixed it with steam,then uninstalled the game, but nothing helped.
after that I even completely deleted windows, the entire hard drive and installed it cleanly.
after windows installed all updates. I installed the current graphics driver via nvidia experience, and the current INF driver.
and exactly the same problem. the game no longer works. after 300+h
what should I do please? please help me. thx

divinity original sin 2 definitive edition
Steam Version

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
BIOS: F14 (type: UEFI)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K
Nvidia TITAN 6 GB
DirectX 12
1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Keyboard G110
Razer Naga Trinity

Last edited by seno; 15/07/20 05:34 PM.
Support
Support

If you load an older save, if available, does everything work properly? If not try creating a new profile and start a new game on Story difficulty to test.

If a new game in a new profile also has the same issues:

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account (either with the My Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' executable.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

If a new game is fine but recent saves have these issues, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and if older saves are ok, the most recent save that is fine, and the oldest that is not. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I've found that there are a lot of little such bugs in the game; freezing pages, etc - especially since the last update. In nearly every case, I was able to fix this by immediately saving, quitting the game, then reloading it. I don't know why, but it appears to fix the vast majority of problems.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard