Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by deathidge
If I'm a troll for calling out Kanisatha as a troll, then fine I'm a troll. I can accept that. But I would challenge anyone to go back and compare our opinions, both good and bad, of this game; a game this isn't even released as Early Access yet. And then come and try and tell me that I am the troll in this scenario. I've voiced my negative opinions in mature ways, like the past-tense speak and team-based initiative before the changes. I've not read yet a single mature critique from K, it's literally all "it's shit and nothings going to change and i probably won't play it". Yet he comes back day after day to shit on a game that ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET all the while saying its a game he isn't even going to play. That is the definition of a troll.

I wish I could up vote this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by deathidge
If I'm a troll for calling out Kanisatha as a troll, then fine I'm a troll.

Good. Now that that's settled, we can all move on.

Originally Posted by Warlocke
Honestly though, it’s better to just ignore them.

Finally something we can agree on. Clearly we have nothing to say to each other, so do ignore me and I will happily do the same of all of you looking to drive out of this forum anyone who dares to be a critic of this game.

addict
addict
My distaste for _Vic_'s comments about politeness stem from similarity of particular wording to some hostile posts in another thread a few days ago, and a failure to engage in conciliation when offered.

Unlike in some other places, no-one on this forum fits the description of a troll, as someone making posts to deliberately antagonise others for that purpose alone. We are possibly all guilty of over-zealous advancement of our interests in the game, and what we consider our rights.

We know this is an expensive game to make, so for everyone to get what they would like from the game, it needs to be financially successful enough to continue adding new features, at the very least to the point where the playing community can add their own.

We also already know what the game looks like in general terms, whether we consider that good or ill. If we actually want our discussions to be helpful to Larian, it is probably better to focus on discussing how the features we have seen can appeal to the widest audience possible. Larian will decide which features, if any, are worth adding, not us.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by etonbears
My distaste for _Vic_'s comments about politeness stem from similarity of particular wording to some hostile posts in another thread a few days ago, and a failure to engage in conciliation when offered.

Unlike in some other places, no-one on this forum fits the description of a troll, as someone making posts to deliberately antagonise others for that purpose alone. We are possibly all guilty of over-zealous advancement of our interests in the game, and what we consider our rights.

We know this is an expensive game to make, so for everyone to get what they would like from the game, it needs to be financially successful enough to continue adding new features, at the very least to the point where the playing community can add their own.

We also already know what the game looks like in general terms, whether we consider that good or ill. If we actually want our discussions to be helpful to Larian, it is probably better to focus on discussing how the features we have seen can appeal to the widest audience possible. Larian will decide which features, if any, are worth adding, not us.

Well said.

veteran
veteran
That's quite a lot of stabbing. Have all you guys rolled rogues or something?

Why is the whole community update thread about forum members complaining about other forum members? It was an update on game combat, not verbal combat on their forum.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by _Vic_
You can try, but they seem to keep coming, barging into threads and topics unrelated so they could be noticed...

Oh yeah, totally. The problem is that engaging with them only results in them posting even more. They aren’t willing to or aren’t intellectually capable of having good faith discussions, so there isn’t anything that will come from directly adddressing them other than acrimony. If they want to be trolls on this forum, I think it best to just let them be until they lose interest, which will happen eventually.

Case and point, I just got accused of, or at least lumped in with people who are trying to drive out dissenting opinions. I’ve never done that nor would I ever. Literally all I did to the guy to start this was say that he was acting entitled and then point out where he was putting words in people’s mouths, but if somebody has a siege mentality and a victim complex there isn’t much you can say to them to convince them that they aren’t being persecuted.

Last edited by Warlocke; 09/08/20 09:19 PM.
addict
addict
I recommend we ditch the who said what and who killed who and re-focus the discussion into combat and stealth.

I for one am quite curious how the multiplayer aspects of stealth will feel in practice with those free roaming and others stealthing with tb movements. So far we have seen SP character switching, which tk be fair is probably 99% of what I will end up doing but hopefully I’ll get some MP play as well and thus me wondering how it will feel (I can obviously imagine how it works).

Hopefully the Early Access will allow us to test this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor
I for one am quite curious how the multiplayer aspects of stealth will feel in practice with those free roaming and others stealthing with tb movements.

From what I understand triggering TB will put everyone within radius into TB as well. So coop players will use seperate systems (one in real time roaming another in TB stealth) only if they are in different places.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The gameplay also showed that when one character enters combat the others can still move and do stuff if they´re away. When the characters come near a combat, they seem to automatically enter combat.
So I assume that would be the same in MP.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Blade238
Why is the whole community update thread about forum members complaining about other forum members? It was an update on game combat, not verbal combat on their forum.

LMFAO.

addict
addict
I just hope the D&D system won't allow stealth to be as exploitable as it is in so many other games.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard