Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#670729 16/07/20 05:30 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Serious question: did someone program the enemies to be as spiteful as possible? The following scenario happened three times in a row:

I was fighting Isbeil and trying to keep Sir Lora alive. I was doing fine, clearly about to win with only 1 or 2 dwarves left alive. And then: one of the dwarves jumps/teleports far away from my party, turns in the opposite direction, and throws a shield/spell at the far side of the room, exactly where Sir Lora is hanging out next to a stack of deathfog crates. What?! What?!?!

Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out.

Okay, I feel better now. :D

I did finally manage to keep Sir Lora alive by leaving him in the pit and blessing the poison. But I want to know whether there is an AI script that reads something like "If fight is hopeless, force player to reload by pissing them off."

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I think Sir Lora just has a death wish. He also likes to block your path at ladders so they can't be used. Never have I finished a game with him being alive. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to know that he has died.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
But squirrel knight riding on skeleton cat. I ... can't ... must ... protect.

veteran
veteran
Let him die. His story arc doesn't change, and he won't trigger every bloody trap anymore. I kept him alive for most of the game, but when I fought the guy living in the sea of deatfog (near the end of the chapter) I just gave up. Twat killed himself essencially.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Ever fight the ferryman? The guy actually MAKES deathfog! And, yes, Sir Lora ran right through it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard