Print Thread
Installing mods my friend already has #671476
03/08/20 09:56 PM
03/08/20 09:56 PM
GraylyHen94 Offline OP
stranger
GraylyHen94  Offline OP
stranger

I want to play this with some friends and we've come across a problem. DOS2 automatically installs mods for my friends who don't have them, a great feature that's saved us plenty of time. I play with my friend Tim all the time and we have no problems, but when I go to play with people who don't have the mods and have to install them we get stuck at a loading screen. It'll say installing 100% or 1% and never moves. I made sure they had the same script extender as me but it's still not working. I've tried load order for them and other fixes but nothing works. What can I do about this? I'd really like to play it with my brother but we need mods for the classes he wants to play

Re: Installing mods my friend already has [Re: GraylyHen94] #671479
03/08/20 10:55 PM
03/08/20 10:55 PM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

Did they try installing the mods from Nexus Mods or the Steam workshop first?

If they have a problem with Steam not copying the mods to the game folder, they can do so manually. A handful of people have reported this issue with the Definitive Edition of the game.
Search the '..\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\435150' folder for *.pak files, sort by date modified and copy the recent ones to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods' folder manually.

You can also transfer the files from your own computer, by email, or zip them and upload to Dropbox or Google drive (or a site like wetransfer.com).

If you've done that but still have issues, try using a file comparison program to make sure you have the save versions of mods.
If you each use a program like DVDSig or ExactFile to scan your mods folder, and swap the resulting files to verify, it would identify any differences between the folders (missing, outdated or corrupt mods). Unsubscribing and re-subscribing to mods where there are differences should presumably make sure everything is up to date, or redownloading from Nexus Mods.
DVDSig is tiny (alternate download), portable and doesn't require an install, while ExactFile has more features.
Alternately, especially with only a few mods, you could use a program such as Hash to create a list of checksum values to compare manually (slightly more work comparing, but no file swapping).

If the mods are all identically, and all extras (like Norbyte's script extender) that need to be installed are, but you still get a transfer when trying to play, try each creating a new profile and testing in a new game without mods. If that works, enable half the mods and try again. If you get the transfer disable half of the ones you enabled and re-test, otherwise enable half the remaining mods. With a little trial and error you should be able to identify which mod(s) are causing the problem, or if any mod will.