Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Meeshe #675363 20/09/20 11:44 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Meeshe
Blink Dogs! Will there be Blink Dogs?

I am curious, Meeshe, please tell us what experience you had with Blink Dogs to wonder if they are in the game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Languid Lizard
Blink Dogs! Will there be Blink Dogs?

I am curious, Meeshe, please tell us what experience you had with Blink Dogs to wonder if they are in the game.

The Merchant's League counting house in Baldur's Gate was guarded by Blink Dogs in BG1, so there is certainly precedent.

apprentice
apprentice
My older brothers played D&D when I was little and would let me sit with them while they were setting up the game when their friends came over. I wanted to play so they said I could be a Blink Dog that guarded their castle. It was silly but I got to bark at their friends. Of course once they started playing I had to leave but it's a great memory. My idea of blink dogs back then was a little puppy, but the baby owlbear is so cute in game, Id like to see what larian would do with the Blink Dogs.

Meeshe #675415 21/09/20 07:06 AM
OP Offline
My older brothers played D&D when I was little and would let me sit with them while they were setting up the game when their friends came over. I wanted to play so they said I could be a Blink Dog that guarded their castle. It was silly but I got to bark at their friends. Of course once they started playing I had to leave but it's a great memory. My idea of blink dogs back then was a little puppy, but the baby owlbear is so cute in game, Id like to see what larian would do with the Blink Dogs.

That is a lovely story. Thanks!

addict
addict
Only 4 in a party at a time, sadly. Tough choices, but we can switch characters after a Long Rest (camp).

There will be, for Early Access, one single standard difficulty.

Last edited by Baraz; 21/09/20 10:10 PM.
mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Born in Full Metal Plate

Were any of you born holding a two handed sword? At the start of this adventure, are we not already captured by a Mind Flayer? It is unusual for a captor to keep their prisoners fully equipped. I wonder how we discover ourselves kitted out for battle.

As the characters seem to be in a partial cocoon, and cannot evade the little creepy crawley, this may be Larian's way of justifying retaining arms and armour?

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
If I had to gander a guess I'd say we will probably 'start' the game, after the cinematic, in a crashed nautiloid. Having crashed I can see broken cache's or containers that held our items or something similar being how we equip ourselves.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Our character has been captured by the illithid. So I guess the only stuff we will have when we start are the ones we are wearing. I don't imagine them putting our equipment nicely in a vault or something. Sounds a bit silly.

mfr #675565 22/09/20 07:18 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by mfr
Born in Full Metal Plate

Were any of you born holding a two handed sword? At the start of this adventure, are we not already captured by a Mind Flayer? It is unusual for a captor to keep their prisoners fully equipped. I wonder how we discover ourselves kitted out for battle.

As the characters seem to be in a partial cocoon, and cannot evade the little creepy crawley, this may be Larian's way of justifying retaining arms and armour?

You're probably right. From the intro movie, it appears the Nautiloid attacks on the inhabitants of Yartar "dematerialize" them, then "rematerialize" them in the confinement cocoons on the Nautiloid. This process seems to leave them clothed, so perhaps anything they are carrying ends up in the cocoon as well.

No point in removing items if all captives will undergo ceremorphosis.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard