Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
In 5e it is an optional rule to take a feat in place of 2 attribute points.

My assumption was no, because the variant human subclass has not been mentioned (which includes a feat), but thought it worth asking.

veteran
veteran
Feats won't be in for the start of EA. They're still working on them.

Variant Human is probably going to be in the full version of game, if only because it IS part of the PHB and people will complain if the Human Origins are stuck with the sucky "regular" human type, which has absolutely nothing going for it whatsoever.

stranger
stranger
Hmm feats would be very powerfull. As far as i know our max level will be lvl 4. (in ea)
So you can spend the first feat or the first attribute points. Beeing capped at lvl4, i asume that feats are a way bigger deal then 2 attribute points. Worth even the double for some classes while other like monks just gladly take their 2 attribute points.

Last edited by PUR3ICE; 20/09/20 01:10 AM.
addict
addict
I'm not familiar with 5E , are you telling me at first lv there are no feat picks? or at 3rd lv, I still play 3rd / 3.5 edition hybrid

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Doomlord
I'm not familiar with 5E , are you telling me at first lv there are no feat picks? or at 3rd lv, I still play 3rd / 3.5 edition hybrid

In 5E characters can choose either to receive a feat or add two attribute points at certain levels. This is an optional rule but I think that is mostly to not overwhelm first time players, and playing with fears standard. Adding a feat or attribute points is usually at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 19. Fighters can do this more often, and one of the variant rules for humans lets them pick a feat at level one. The variant human rule is much preferred over the generally less useful +1 to all attributes.

Last edited by Warlocke; 22/09/20 04:56 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
I am not sure they will implement feats honestly. It can be hellish to balance in a video game. So far, they haven't talked about these at all. So I assume they won't be in the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
I am not sure they will implement feats honestly. It can be hellish to balance in a video game. So far, they haven't talked about these at all. So I assume they won't be in the game.

I don't know if all feats will be in the game, but I am certain that Larian is working hard on getting them in. It is possible that certain feats might require a minimum of level 4 though, because they might be considered too powerful.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard