Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
I love Kingmaker. It's the most BG like game of the modern RPG era by far.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia
I've only played Gothic 3 (well, and "that one" that came after). Wonderful game for its complexity, number of side-quests, atmosphere, scale and everything else; even though it started off in the middle of a battle where you could get pwned, which set the scene for about the first quarter of the game, and had bugs and terrible voice acting. It was still awesome. But how come there were only about three women in the entire game? It gave it a slightly odd vibe.

Gothic 3 was launched one year before it was ready. Is a unfinished rushed game. As for woman, there are far more woman on Gothic 2.

The unique Gothic game which I can't recommend is ArcaniA and forsaken Gods. If you plan to play G2, I recommend not using any mod on G2 for your first run. After you finished G2, I recommend returning 2.0. On G3, community path is a must have mod.

People mock Piranha Bytes that they only make Gothic 2.
  • Gothic 1 = Gothic 2 in a penal colony
  • Gothic 2 = Gothic 2
  • Gothic 3 = Open World Gothic 2
  • Risen = Gothic 2 in a Caribbean colonial island
  • Risen 2/3 = Gothic 2 pirate edition.
  • Elex = SCI-FI Gothic 2

What I loved to play Gothic 3 was as a water magician.

Originally Posted by CandrianIllborne

I agree. I can't wait to play WotR. I can't get lichdoom in a CRPG since Might & Magic 8 - day of the destroyer, about 2 decades ago.

Is good that we will have a amazing low to mid level CRPG(BG3) and a good mid to high level with mythic paths(PF:WoTR)

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 29/09/20 02:50 PM.
D
D
I'm actually playing Kingmaker right now, that and CK3 are my current games. The holiday season games can't come soon enough, I feel like I've just about exhausted my library at the moment.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor

Originally Posted by CandrianIllborne

I agree. I can't wait to play WotR. I can't get lichdoom in a CRPG since Might & Magic 8 - day of the destroyer, about 2 decades ago.

Is good that we will have a amazing low to mid level CRPG(BG3) and a good mid to high level with mythic paths(PF:WoTR)

The Backers of PF: WoTR EA entered the second Alpha testing, and they are already playing Act 3 and the new companion =) The Crusade will start soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2957730

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
I've only played Gothic 3 (well, and "that one" that came after). Wonderful game for its complexity, number of side-quests, atmosphere, scale and everything else; even though it started off in the middle of a battle where you could get pwned, which set the scene for about the first quarter of the game, and had bugs and terrible voice acting. It was still awesome. But how come there were only about three women in the entire game? It gave it a slightly odd vibe.

From the original trilogy that's the weakest one, unfortunately. Lack of ladies is overall an odd Gothic thing.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The first one you were in a prison, and that made sense, but after that...

enthusiast
enthusiast

True, it's the most similar formula. But where BG is a fun ride, Kingmaker is just brutal, especially the endgame.

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 30/09/20 12:23 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I've been playing Fallout 4, but I've also been playing the Kingdom Hearts games since Melody of Memory comes out in November.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine

From the original trilogy that's the weakest one, unfortunately. Lack of ladies is overall an odd Gothic thing.

On Gothic 1 is justified. I mean, you are in a penal colony.

About ret, this is how storng you can become when you learn all six circles of magic

Originally Posted by Gt27mustang

True, it's the most similar formula. But where BG is a fun ride, Kingmaker is just brutal, especially the endgame.

House at edge of time was pretty hard...

old hand
old hand
If you want to try something free and mind numbingly simple, but DnD related and licensed, check out Idle Champions.

But do not click on the cash store or even peek at the cost of all the DLC ... Its on the same level as Train Simulator, but all the purchasable stuff is optional / pay2shortcut rather than pay2win.

Its fun and addictive for about a week or two then you will hate yourself for wasting so much time with a pointless clicker game.

Or if you want something thats waaaay different but even creepier than mindflayers devouring brains ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdGzJhunb4

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 30/09/20 11:53 PM.
addict
addict
You cans also try solo BG2:EE on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard