08/02/04 03:10 PM
08/02/04 03:10 PM
H
Hootie Offline OP
stranger
Hootie  Offline OP
stranger
H

HI everyone. Just got the letter from Elrath's basement, and want to expose him, but Ralph is tucked away in his chambers, when I try to enter he has his guards kill me. What do I do, How do I talk to Ralph?

Re: Help with Ralph please #161566
08/02/04 05:06 PM
08/02/04 05:06 PM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada
Deathwing's solution for Commander Ralph:

Quote:

had the Ralph bug but found out a way how to solve it.
First put a teleport stone somewhere outside of the barracks,
then one in the prisoncell in the barracks.
Now use lockpick(lvl 3) on Ralphs door.
Go inside and get caught and agree to go to jail, in there
use the stone to transport you out, it seems now that they didn't bother
how you got out and you have the same reputation as before
and you can talk to Ralph and finish your quest without any
problems,but do remember to get your stuff in the item box and
your Teleportstone in the prison cell.

Sir Lawrence's method:

Quote:

had some luck! Like many folks, I caused Ralph to lock himself in his room and couldn't get him to come out. This was early on and I kept going back, but he was locked tight, and from this board, seems that many others were experiencing this too. At lvl 33, lock pick skill 3, I picked the lock. Still, he wouldn't come out unless you tried to enter, then he came out and sent you to jail. So, I left with the door open and no Ralph. Came back later, and he just came walking out! I was shocked. This may work for you, especially if you have this bug. Also, somewhere here, I saw somebody said they led some Orcs back and Ralph came out to help fight them. I tried that, but it was no good for me. The guards would kill them before I could get them to follow me inside. Hope this helps you. I loved getting the experience for solving the Duke's murder.

Harglowe's missing Rimmer solution can be used for Ralph as well:

Quote:

Alas, I turned the dwarven village inside out, but no Rimmer.
I did solve the problem in the end, by cheating however.

I took an old saved game (a game where I hadn't been to the dwarven village at all) and temporarily copied the data.000 file from that saved game to my newest saved game (after making a backup of the original data.000).
It appears that the data.000 file contains the location of all NPC's and even your own location.
I started up the saved game, went to Rimmers house, talked to him (he was standing in his house, a few feet from the entrance), saved the game and restored the data.000 file.

Welcome to the forum.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth