Print Thread
#228173 07/05/04 04:06 PM
M
Melvil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
At the very beginning of the game after you first meet the Deathknight, you can try and enter his cell. When you do this it is supposed to trigger a scripted event where he protests to going into the cell. After the 1.4 patch, and in 1.41, this script no longer triggers. Also, 1.41 also has a tendancy to CTD when clicking on items like garbage and rotten food. Before 1.41 I resolved CTD's by turning down my hardware acceleration for sound. Now it happens even with hardware acc turned down.

Melvil #228174 07/05/04 04:08 PM
old hand
old hand
I got that script about him not wanting to go into his cell in the demo only...and in version 1.0 I didn't get it...I figured it was just removed altogether

Plowking #228175 07/05/04 07:59 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
there was a script about a cell? lol, I'm a few hours in and never saw that either.

gg

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is random or it may depend on the position of the DK relativly to the Hero when the latter is near the entrance.

I got the message 2 times out of 5 in the demo, and 1 time out of 3 in the retail version. I'd swear by Kiya's favourite cat that it is not related to patch versions, since I remember a long discussion when only the demo was out on us wondering what triggers that dialogue.

"Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think." T P
M
Melvil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
ya, on my latest build, totally worked again. It's just a flakey trigger.

Support
Support
If the hero gets to the mid point of the walkway to the cell first, the cutscene conversation will be triggered; if the DK passes there first, it will not.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard