20/06/04 08:17 PM
20/06/04 08:17 PM
Norway
Trulte Offline OP
stranger
Trulte  Offline OP
stranger

Norway
I am stuck in the tavern because of a huge bug in the game. There is no upstairs in my game. Just one wall and I am not able to climb down the ladder again. I have tried to reinstall the game again and I have the latest patch. Have search the forum but it seems that nobody else has this bug. :mad:

If I cant fix this problem it is impossible to go on.

Trulte

Re: Act II - tavern upstairs [Re: Trulte] #250226
20/06/04 10:50 PM
20/06/04 10:50 PM
Canada
Raze Offline

veteran
Raze  Offline

veteran

Canada
Did you shut down all non-essential programs before installing the game / patch?

Were there any errors during the install? It is possible to copy 3 files from the 2 CDs (don't need the autorun.inf file) to the same folder on your hard drive, and install from there.

Try running a ScanDisk (right click on the hard drive in Windows Explorer, select Properties, switch to the Tools tab, and hit the Check Now button in the Error Checking Status section).

Try deleting the files in the dynamics folders (you may have already done this if you made sure you did a clean install);
'..\Beyond Divinity\Acts\Act1\Dynamic', '..\Beyond Divinity\Acts\Act2\Dynamic', etc.
These folders are used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied to those folders when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Beyond Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in those folders, deleting the files should fix the problem.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth