Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
THis happens in about 5% of my battles. I am mowing down the baddies and all of the sudden all the icons at the bottom disappear. You know the ones that show attive spell and weapon. The health bars also disappear. Actually I can still see the red blue and yellow bars but they are only 1/16" and stretch all the way across the screen. The fix is to save the game and then reload. Once I reload its all back to normal. I have gotton used to how to read the narrow health bars and hotkayed my stamina since I can't select the icon to view potions when this happens.

My computer meets all requirments to run the game. I has an 800mhz AMD processor with 128 MB RAM 5500 Radon Vcard The monitor is widescreen which was not available when this game released. I am thinking the old resolution on the widescreen could be part of what causes this.

I should point out that I don't have normal battles. What I mean is I let the Orcs follow me and bring a large group of around 80-100 to slaughter in a most glorious manner. This causes my old 800mhz to lag at times and I can take 5 second naps while the battle grinds to a halt and then starts up again. In other words I think my 800 gets maxed out trying to render this many charactors.
Unless this has happened to others or is a known issue. Its not to bad as I can work around the missing icons.

stranger
stranger
I think you are just accidentally right clicking on the status bar/GUI

Support
Support
If you right click again on the 3 lines, it will maximize the menu bar again.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thats probably it. When my machince lags, sometimes I have to pause in order to locate my mouse. Occasionally its offscreen somewhere. Thanks for the help.

I know at least once I've seen my health bar completely clear out when I knew I still had plenty of health. I think I drank a restoration and that fixed it.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard