Next Thread
Print Thread
#352536 23/05/08 07:22 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I can set rez at 1280 x 960 and it works ok. As soon as I try to go to 1600 x 1200 the load screen only shows the D in Divinity on the right side of the screen and can't see the menu options at all.

I am running Vista 32 bit with an ATI xt1950xtx video card and have the latest drivers. Any suggestions?

Support
Support

Does your Windows desktop work ok at 1600x1200?

You can try editing the config.div file in the Beyond Divinity folder in Notepad (or any other text editor), and change the resolution something else, as long as your monitor supports the resolution. The game should work fine at other than supported resolutions, though opening the automap at higher than supported resolutions may cause crashing, depending on the system and how much higher it is.
I tried editing my config file to play at 1440x1080 (which isn't standard and doesn't show up as a desktop resolution), and got the same top corner section of the main menu displayed that you described. A resolution of 1152x864 works fine (which is not supported by the game, but is by the monitor), other than the quest log border being smaller than the screen size (ie the 1024x768 graphics are used).

Are you running BD in Win9x compatibility mode? If not you could try that.

Maybe someone with Vista will have some other suggestions...

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
My monitor support 1680 x 1050. I will try compatibility mode and see what happens. Thx for the info. I'm having a blast with the game so far.

Support
Support

Try the game at 1680x1050 (by editing the config.div file in a text editor); the border for the quest log and map will not be along the edges of the screen, but I think the game itself should work fine.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard