Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#311756 14/07/05 05:02 AM
Skag01 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Okay im in the treasure cave and am at the portal which is supposed to teleport you to the easter egg area. I have all the items which a walkthrough says I need, 4 ropes which were set around the portal, 5 dwarven ales, 2002 gold, and 1 teleporter stone but it keeps teleporting me outside, what am I doing wrong? Is it because I bought the 5 dwarven ales from rimmer instead of using the ones given to me by completing the quest which gives me the 5 ales?

Another thing, if I hadn't read a walkthrough how in the hell would I have found out how to get teleported to the easter egg area?

#311757 14/07/05 07:46 AM
Support
Support
Check your inventory for extra rope, gold or alcohol; stuff may be hidden under other objects, like the portable bed or a chest, which is interfering. Check that you didn't have any rope in your inventory which stacked with the 4 you just picked up (they should be 2 separate pieces of rope, and 2 in one stack). It shouldn't make any difference if Rimmer's ale was from the reward or purchased.

Without detailed instructions, it would be virtually impossible to discover the mechanism to teleport into the easter egg area. A couple people have methodically used Wizard's Sight, etc to clear all the fog of war, and could have discovered the area across the mountains on their own, but would have needed to toss a teleporter stone up onto the mountain and repeated to get across. I did this the other way around to get out of the easter egg area, but never tried to see if I could get a teleporter stone onto the mountain from the forest side.

#311758 15/07/05 01:22 AM
Skag01 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
how are u supposed to get back out now?

#311759 15/07/05 01:42 AM
Support
Support
Use the teleporter stone in your inventory (without dropping it) to teleport to the one on the ground outside. If you didn't leave the other one on the ground;

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

a way out, if you're Stuck in the Easter Egg Area

Raze #356803 01/10/08 05:48 AM
stranger
stranger
I have all the right items but it still teleports me outside. I had no rope in my inventory and only picked up the rope around the portal. I have exactly 2002 gold, five ales from Rimmer, and one teleporter pyramid. I'm positive I have no other alcohol or anything because I even went so far as to take everything else in my inventory off EXCEPT these items. It still puts me outside. Is there a certain point in the game you have to do this? What the hell is going on?

Support
Support

Do you have the Silver Armour? There is no limit on when this can be done, except that you first need the treasure maps and silver armour (and it must be done before you move the wastelands, as you can not return after that).

Silver Armour and Treasure Maps

Are you still playing the character that had the problem with Rak'Sheen? Maybe whatever caused that is interfering with this quest?

You may be able to use the teleporter stones to get over the mountain, or hex teleport in.

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

Raze #356810 01/10/08 10:37 AM
stranger
stranger
ahhh I do NOT have the armor, thanks Raze

S
stranger
stranger
S
Im Having Trouble Too...

I Have 2002 Gold
5 Bottles Of Ale
4 Ropes ( There Not The Ones From Around The Teleport )
Silver Armor
Teleport Stone.

But I Cant Get In.. Is It Because I Dropped The Other Ropes...

( Forgot Where They Were Too )

Some1 Help Me plz =D

Support
Support

Yes, dropping the 4 required pieces of rope will prevent you from getting into the easter egg area. The easiest solution would probably be to drop the rope you have now, and use the procedure in the following topic to get the right pieces.

Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard