apprentice
I have a list of quests, it's divide into sections as below:
Maps
1 Aleroth
2 Rivertown
3 Verdestis
4 Verdestis Sewers
5 Dark Forest

Whilst there are certain sections of each of the last 4 maps I don't want to enter as yet (the cursed Abbey, the Cathedral and the Graveyard from Rivertown, all of the later quest after Retoring Maria's Honour in Verdestis, Quest 2 in the Verdestis Sewers section, I intend to go into Castle Stormfist AFTER I have completed the Dark forest section.

If you have any comments, I would appreciate them. Also, how do I create an ordered list on these forums - I've just used ordinary numbering as it seems to put in around 3 line spaces each time, all I need is just single line spacing.

Palimpsests

Hackin' & Slashin' all the way!
Palimpsests #359130 17/01/09 10:51 PM
veteran
veteran
I don't understand your question, assuming there's a question in there. There's nothing stopping you from going to the Dark Forest early, but there are higher level enemies in the dark forest then you'll find in castle part of the game, and there are some quests in the dark forest you can't start until you've done the castle.

There are quests in the Verdistis sewers? I can only think of one, and an unofficial one at that. There are a couple of quests in the Rivertown Sewers, though.

Palimpsests #359137 18/01/09 07:12 AM
Support
Support

I did most of the quests in Rivertown and Verdistis, and cleared the Rivertown sewers (that made things a bit easier later) before entering the castle. After getting out of the castle and clearing up a few related quests, I entered the Dark Forest for the first time. If you want to do some or most of the Dark Forest before the castle, go ahead. I didn't have any problems just doing Rivertown and Verdistis, but some people like to level up a bit more first.

If you have done most of Rivertown and Verdistis, you shouldn't have a problem with the Cursed Abbey (a character level in the late teens to low twenties should be good enough for that area IIRC).

When composing a new topic (or if you quote or reply to a post, rather than quick quote / reply) there are a bunch of icons just above the text edit box. The forth from the left (3 bullet markers in front of 3 lines) is used to create a list. You can also just type in the UBBCode directly, as below (but without the extra spaces by the square brackets).

[ list ]
[ * ]first entry
[ * ]second entry
[ * ]third entry
[ /list ]

This produces a single spaced bullet list (use list=A or list=1 at the start for an order or numbered list), but I don't think you can control the spacing before and after the list (a blank line is added each place, so you can not start a list immediately under a heading, AFAIK). If you are getting triple spacing, maybe you are staring multiple lists, rather than adding entries to the first?

Raze #359145 18/01/09 08:25 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks, I still have a portion of the sewers to complete, so I think I'll go there. Also, thanks for Bulletin Board tags(by the way the 3 bullet markers in front of 3 lines - the fourth along, is the one that produced that triple line spaced list!)

Anyway thanks again for your help, and you can rest assured that I'll make a note of these codes.

Palimpsests

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
This is primarily for Raze, but others may well be interested. If the codes are given as follows, you will get a bulleted list (by the way I've added extra spaces to the tags to prevent it coming out as a true list):

[ list ]
[ * ] first entry
[ * ] second entry
[ * ] third entry
[ /list ]

HOWEVER, if the initial tag is [ list=1 ]; [ list=a ]; [list=A]; [ list=i ] or [list=I ] you will get ordered lists of either numererals, lower case letters, upper case letters, lower case Roman numerals or upper case Roman numerals respectively.

In all cases they produce a single line spaced list. If anyone can let me have the rest of the bb tags used by the divine divinity forums, I would be very grateful - needless to say it was trial and error to find that these worked!

By the way, I've also posted this in it's own topic.

Last edited by Palimpsests; 19/01/09 11:36 PM.

Palimpsests

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard