Divine Divinity smile

E pensando di lei
Mi sopragiunse uno soave sonno
Ego dominus tuus
Vide cor tuum
Divine Divinity.

veteran
veteran
Same as Khamul & Endless, honestly. DD was an utterly unique gaming experience and really showed that the Larians have a different approach to gaming than most of the mainstream companies. Most RPG games (Of whatever type) seem to be designed to either compete with Diablo or to compete with Baldur's Gate, without any true understanding of what makes a great game. Some of them are GOOD copies, sure, but ultimately they're copies.

DD tried to do something a bit different. I have every confidence that D2 will, as well.

Please click the banner...

Thanks for the links - I had not seen them, but it looks absolutly great!

veteran
veteran
DD is my all time favorite game and I've been on these forums ever since I first got internet in my room. I love the Larian staff, I love the community, I love the games. I'm buying DD2 day one and probably not going to school the next day ^.^ You can call me a fanboy if you want, I just really love everything about Divine Divinity (until the wastelands... fuck you CDV! ...) and can't wait until this one.

journeyman
journeyman
Past experience, especially with Divine Divinity. Add in that there is a big lull in quality RPGs for the PC, it makes Div2 a must buy if it keeps up the positivity.

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for the links.
I noticed that every jump made was a somersault, and that the guy was so 'agile' that it almost looked fake. And I noticed that every dialogue was spoken out loud. Must've taken quite some time.
I think the spells looked cool and I like the freedom you have in fighting.

I liked DD alot and that's way I stayed around to see what would be next, and after those vids from the GC I think I'll really like div2

Support
Support

When the videos first came out there was some negative feedback on the somersaults, and the Larians said they would re-examine the issue (they have not mention if they made any changes). I didn't care for them (though it looks good as part of the jump attack), but figure they would be easy enough to get used to and ignore after playing a bit. In an case, you will not have to jump around as much as was shown in the demo.

The high agility is by design, and part of being a dragon slayer.

journeyman
journeyman
For the art cover kiss

I just like this kind of games, single player - single character, fully free explorable 3D environment a la 'gothic' style with lots of quests tht can be solved different ways. And Div2 fits in this description. I never played DD though I knew about it and I'm sure it is a good game... even at the risk of being briked, I can not bear isometric gameplay, I gave up long time ago with it, I just can't stand it.... I do need WASD control ... silly

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Also the trailer Impressed me and early scr33ns

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I'm one of those who are still waiting to c how D2 will turn out to be in terms of combat depth, item sets (if they are any) and item customization.
I was really hyped about the game called Rise of the Argonauts, videos and trailers were awesome but it turned out, the game was just mediocre and combat was basically a button masher ... there were only like 20 items in game, and item customization was non existent. (that was okey... but, it sure wasn't redefined RPG experience as Codemasters said it would be)

Since im new here and i haven't played DD, maybe i don't have the right to expect or demand anything from Larian Studios... but still i'm hoping and "silently expecting" that D2 will turn out to be, one brilliant, awesome & enjoyable game experience.

So bring us some more gameplay footage of combat or better yet, release a demo ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's DD that basically won me over, and it's because of DD that I seriously doubt Larian would try pawning a game like RotA on us. They deliver content, and loads of it, and that's where RotA was lacking most.

old hand
old hand
Like in DD, the quests that i'm really looking for :), not only the standard quests: yeah, kill 10 of these, then 20 of those, oh and deliver this to there smile.
No, quests with depth and surprises.
Tough i'm also looking forward to fly on a dragon, like 10 years or so ago with Drakan smile

apprentice
apprentice

Thanks for the vids. Love them. Just make it harder to wait for the game...

I remmeber i saw the trailer accidentally. Usually i am no big fan of rpgs since the genre didn't really offer any real innovations in the past years. Then i saw the guy transform into a dragon and the game caught my eye. i have always been a huge fan of the game drakan, which divinity2 kind of reminds me of. Then i read about the tower and the quest system. I was totally stunned. Finally something new !
Now i am counting the days...

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'd rather like to transform my character into a Unicorn ... wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Off topic:
I think it would be cool if we can transform into werewolf... maybe adding the lychantropy spell into spell tree or adding a series of quest where player will, as a consequences of his/her actions, turn into werewolf during full moon rises... and then we can rage havoc on... pretty much everyone and everything... laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Play Morrowind wink

I can't tell if there's something special that makes me want to buy this game. There aren't THAT much infos yet, though some of the given ones sound and look good. When remembering DivDiv, DD2 has big shoes to fit in. Yeah, I know, this saying possibly doesn't make much sense. ^^
But taking BeyDiv into account, too, I still have to be convinced of DD2. But as broader and faster the river of information will flow, my interest in the game will rise more.

"They say if you play the Windows XP CD backward, you can hear satanic words." - "Oh, that's nothing. If you play it forward it installs Windows XP...!"
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Stay on Topic Please
Please dont go off topic like in the other thread.

stranger
stranger
I love Dragons, and I love the idea of seeing and being able to become a dragon in this game.
I wish there were more games that put these creatures in the good side or a neutral side insteed of being considered plainly evil.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard