Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

The main page does not load properly in Opera (v10), but you can click on one of the news links, and then get around the site from there.

Hi Raze,

I am working with Opera 9.51 and the website shows fine.
Could you please explain what exactly goes wrong?

Many thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Khamul

*EDIT: I found a minor spelling mistake on the member's page. "Your Profile" is written there as "Your Profil", has someone forgotten an "e"? :P Minor details are important opa grin

Took note of this and reporting to the designers wink
If you see more glitches, please let us know.

Thank you,
Lynn

T
stranger
stranger
T
Well, Opera 10 is currently in "alpha" state. I'd recommend using a stable release smile

cheers,
alex

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Raito
Though, this part: "The Dragon Elves are a cross-breed, an artificially engineered race that combines the Dragons strength and cunning with the Elf’s almost feline spryness."

Erm, is it American or British English you're using? If American English, that's okay but if British English, erm...

We use British English; what's wrong with the sentence?

Ach, it should read like this:

The Dragon Elves are a cross-breed, an artificially engineered race that combines the Dragon’s strength and cunning with the Elf’s almost feline spryness. Designed to be the immovable guard of Sentinel Island - the Dragon Isle - these creatures…

The text was ok in our Word doc, something must have gone wrong...
Thank you for reporting!

Last edited by lynn; 26/03/09 12:12 PM.
addict
addict
Aww, it's okay. smile

"But all the while the true enemy – the Black Ring – still festers beneath the surface, ready for its next move, poised to strike. For their leader Damian tirelessly plots silent schemes with utterly malign intent."

should be "ready for its' move". That's under the "History" section, I think?

Features section:

Ego Draconis gives you a wide range of moral choices when deciding on how to act on quest objectives.

"when deciding how to act on" would be good or even this: "when acting on quest objectives".

Last edited by Raito; 26/03/09 02:04 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
*raises hand* A question, in the site, at left side, there are images of the game boxes, xbox and PC.. the PC one does not look like a 'typical' DVD box, it looks thicker and cooler, am I right? Or... is that a collectors box????????

veteran
veteran
runs like a gem on matest Webkit engine, which is the standard nowadays. It suprises me that Presto 2.2 breaks it (Opera 10 engine).

The text was ok in our Word doc, something must have gone wrong...
Thank you for reporting!

Word's spellcheck isn't flawless. For best results I recommend the 'Aspell' library. http://aspell.net/win32/

As a sidenote, forget about Microsoft Word. The cost and few extra features isn't worth choosing it over its free counterparts. (Who use the free (GNU) Aspell library).

I myself use Aspell embedded in Mint (Ubuntu distro), (I am now booted on WinXP tho..., but when developing websites -> linux)

About the site, I am running on 1280x1024 and the navigation and content of the site is below the horizontal center of my screen. Which isn't optimal, it makes the content of the site look less important than the header graphic.

Last edited by Draghermosran; 26/03/09 08:03 PM.

It's one of these days...
Support
Support

Lynn;
Never mind. I thought I had the latest version of Flash Player 9, but apparently didn't re-install it after doing some un-installing and re-installing of Opera awhile ago (there was no 'update Flash' message in Opera 10 for the homepage, though). I re-installed Flash, and the front page loads fine now.

Trumpfass;
Opera 10 has been very stable for me, with only a couple minor problems. Overall I think I've run into fewer site compatibility issues than with v9.
Somewhere between 9.1 and 9.6 Opera changed the behavior of opening a link from a tab that was zoomed (in 9.1 the new tab would keep the zoom level, in 9.6 it always used the default), which was very annoying on a couple sites I regularly visit. Opera 10 keeps the original tab's zoom level if the link is opened with a right click (which is acceptable), and uses the default for a shift-click.

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
addict
Aww, it's okay. smile

"But all the while the true enemy – the Black Ring – still festers beneath the surface, ready for its next move, poised to strike. For their leader Damian tirelessly plots silent schemes with utterly malign intent."

should be "ready for its' move".

Nope. The possessive "its" never has an apostrophe. It's written correctly the way it is.

BTW, how was "Dragons strength" ok in American english? You need the apostrophe there no matter which continent you're on. grin

addict
addict
Originally Posted by flixerflax
Aww, it's okay. smile

should be "ready for its' move".

Nope. The possessive "its" never has an apostrophe. It's written correctly the way it is.

Really? Damn... my english has gone off the hill now.

BTW, how was "Dragons strength" ok in American english? You need the apostrophe there no matter which continent you're on. grin

Ah, I was just guessing since I'm clueless about American English. Plus I remember reading some American novels with spelling like that, so I simply accepted that as the standard(bad move, I know!). :P

A
veteran
veteran
A
I had yesterday a few problems with the menu not properly reappearing with firefox 2.x , dunno which flash player version ...
I had this after the switch to the German-language version of the web site ... Also, sometimes I couldn't click on / activate the menu after visiting some German-language sub-sites there.
Plus, the interactive map wasn't accessible.

I didn't have these problems with Opera, though (latest non-10-version).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
Awesome screens, good job for the cool graphic...;..but can we have the first Kirill' s track that you showed at cvg last year in the first video?

Thx

stranger
stranger
I found another error, in the features section, first bullet point.
"Following the linage of these two much-acclaimed RPGs...'
I'm pretty sure it should be "lineage", not "linage".

stranger
stranger
The new site looks really great. Big congratulations to all members of Larian Studios. Really well done. I can't wait to play it.

Joris

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
~ Buddha
addict
addict
Btw, is this supposed to happen? The text is overlapping, I think and I just can't remember why:

[Linked Image]

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ups... no, that's not the intention.
Over here it looks different, more beautiful wink

Please click me - screenshot of the same page

Which browser and version are you using?
What screen resolution?

T
stranger
stranger
T
hmm...looks like you are zooming the text through the "zoom text" option of your browser. i'm sorry to say that, but this will cause grapical "errors" on many graphically intense sites like the divinity 2 site is. please just set your zoom to "normal" or switch off the "only zoom text" setting and everything will look fine.

Last edited by Trumpfass; 27/03/09 11:45 AM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
When I click on the German-language "creatures" button, the following page doesn't seem to work at all !

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That page works perfectly...
Please always mention your browser, browser version and screen resolution.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Same as above: Firefox 2.0016 , 1152x8?? Flash: Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12 according to about:plugins

Edit: Path:
Language -> German,
Game
Kreaturen

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 27/03/09 12:36 PM.

--Dilbert cartoon

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard