Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
hello everyone
i recently moved to oman and i'm looking for online sellers who accept pre-orders for the pc version of divinity 2(in english please).can someone please recommend such sellers to me and all divinity fans out there who live outside europe/the united states??
thank you all for your time wave

Last edited by grandia01; 23/06/09 06:39 PM.
addict
addict
As no publisher for the English market has been announced up to now, it is impossible to buy the English version of the game at the moment.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Yeah its impossible at the moment.
My moneys on Deep Silver for the rest of Europe.
CDV for US.
Just my 2 cents.

addict
addict
Wasn't it CDV for Divine Divinity, and they changed for Beyond Divinity due to being unsatisfied with how CDV handled the job?

Yeah, it was CDV for the original game, and HIP for BD (I just looked). My guess is they won't go back to CDV for North America.

Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo
"Everything I encounter serves as the perfection of wisdom that leads to enlightenment."
veteran
veteran
Considering how badly CDV screwed up (and are they even a company anymore?) im going to say definitely not them again.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
*sigh*
i was more than anxious to get my hands on one asap.oh well,i guess i have no choice but to wait then.thank you all for your time and feedback,much highly appreciated thankyou

old hand
old hand
I'm sure you'll be able to Pre-order soon.
Since its not due until September.
In my opinion you would probably to be able to pre-order in August.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
thanks pal,ya i think that's a reasonable time frame too.appreciate it think

old hand
old hand
Worse case scenario, order the English version from overseas. I'm sure the UK version of Amazon will have it, just gotta pay out the nose in shipping and wait a week or two.

That is what I'll do if I can't get it from a North America store. I've waited too damn long the way it is! :P

Last edited by LightningLockey; 25/06/09 10:12 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
old hand
Yet its not available to pre-order anyway.
Also how do you know its going to be region free?

Support
Support

The XBox version of the game may or may not be region specific. I assume that choice is up to the publisher, so we will not know until after the English publisher(s) have been announced.

The PC version should not have any region restrictions, which is presumably what LightningLockey was referring to, since that version is what the original poster specified. I've ordered a number of PC games from the UK, and prefer their DVD style case to North American's half empty boxes or double wide DVD cases wrapped in a cardboard sleeve. Also, ordering older games off eBay, etc, I've generally found the shipping comparable or cheaper than from the US, and the shipping times faster.

old hand
old hand
Oh ok.
I thought he was talking 360 versions.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
does larian reccommend any sellers for its fans outside europe/the united states??i'm sure that will be a useful answer for many divinity 2 fans...

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
i'm used to buying stuff from us-based ebay,but i will keep an eye out for ebay-uk now;hopefully i could find better deals.thanks for the info wink

old hand
old hand
Personaly I recommend Videogamesplus.ca
They Ship Worldwide.
They even tell you if the games region free.
By the way where are you actually from?

Support
Support

I'm sure the D2:ED website will eventually link to various sites / stores that have the game for pre-order and/or order, at the appropriate time. The publisher may do this as well, and/or offer the game directly.

I used to check ebay.com separately from ebay.ca to find additional listings, but in the last couple years I think they have done a better job integrating sites. The last time I checked ebay.com was the end of last year, and the only extra listings that turned up were a couple that didn't ship to Canada. The listings from UK sellers generally show up after the main search result list, under ebay stores or international sellers, but I have not had any problems finding them from ebay.ca.

Anyway, for a new release ebay probably would not turn up the best deal (at least going by a couple new-ish games and movies I checked for awhile ago). Amazon may be a better bet, or the web sites for Best Buy / Future Shop / Staples (etc). If you have any local computer or game stores, they may be willing to special order the game, if they do not usually have much selection.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Personaly I recommend Videogamesplus.ca
They Ship Worldwide.
They even tell you if the games region free.
By the way where are you actually from?

i'm middle eastern.i first played-and fell in love with-divine divinity while i was in the u.s lol!! but im looking for international sellers since im in oman now on a business trip.raze's advice was the most valuable in my eyes and i'll keep an eye on amazon.com since i already have an account with them(wooot).also ebay.ca is of interest to me as well since i heard of better deals there compared to ebay.com. oh well,i'll just keep my fingers crossed until ego draconis is officially released in english groovy

old hand
old hand
I wish Larian would say something already about how the United States players can get a copy, even if we gotta import it from England or if there will be a site to buy the game as downloaded software. Peronsally I'd rather download it than to have another stinking box.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

They can not say anything about ordering an English copy of the game until after they have announced an English publisher.

addict
addict
Is it me or does it seem late in the game to not have one yet? I honestly wouldn't know.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard