Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
We'll upon searching Divinity 2 in Youtube.

I came across Two Divinity 2 Videos which I then realised they both eaqual the first 20 minutes I think it seems like it anyway.

Things to note there's some spoilers obviously will minor it seems like the tutorial sort ofthing and the Dialogue is all the German.
Both Videos in HD and more parts to come!

Part 1
Part 2

Whilst I briefly watched the video.
Divinity 2 looks like a beautiful game!

I came here to see if anyone posted this yet, I just started watching it myself. I cannot understand the german of course, but I sure like what I see.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Part 3 and 4 out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chililord69

Keep checking that channel If you want to watch the latest videos.
I've stopped watching these since the user only
seems to be doing Quest related to the story.

I just watched part 3 and it was just epic when Divinity II came on the screen. Something I really appreciate in regards to the graphics is that it is not over saturated with bloom. It is not a technical beast, but the artstyle in general really makes the game stand out with the warm, earthy, natural tone the game has. The lighting is really nice as well.

Anyway, I may watch one more part and stop. I want to save the rest for when the game finally hits the US....hopefully in September.

stranger
stranger
OK, just watched the first clip, and I think I'm going to hold off on the others, just because I don't like anything even approaching spoilers. A few things: I really like the cinematic dialogue, with the changing from over the shoulder wide shots to close ups and such, it's going to make just talking to people more enjoyable.I didn't notice any option during the dialogue however to review what was said previously in the conversation like in DD. I hope I'm just missing something, I really liked that feature. I also like that you can still kill small animals for food. Loved the atmosphere and the music. Not much in the way of character creator, but that's not really a huge deal to me. All in all, looks great. we'll just see if I can go two months without viewing more. It'll be rough.

addict
addict
I want to watch so bad, but I won't. Save all the goodness for when I get the game.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I watched the first few minutes of the first video, and realized it was mostly dialogue, so I skipped it so I don't see anything spoiler related, and I snagged Part 2, and about a minute in, there's some combat. It looks awesome, and it seems to be something I would love. I can't wait!

journeyman
journeyman
Those videos make me want to play the game EVEN MORE!!!

apprentice
apprentice
I'd like to see dragon gameplay ^^

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Silencer

You want some Dragon Gameplay I've got Dragon Gameplay grin
http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1568&pk=12530

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Originally Posted by Silencer

You want some Dragon Gameplay I've got Dragon Gameplay grin
http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1568&pk=12530

Thank you ! You are my God, sir !

stranger
stranger
First of all, this is my first post on the boards, so hi smile.

I haven't been following the development of Divinity 2 as intensively as some of you, nevertheless I'm really into previous Larian games, so my expectations were really high. I cannot say that after watching this video I feel dissapointed (cause I'm not, its hard to decide whether the game is good or not by watching someone's playing), still I feel a bit worried about maintaining the biggest advantage of the first part of the game - detailed world, a lot of hidden stuff etc. Divine Divinity was great because it combined great story driven gameplay, frantic diabloesque h'n's and attention to detail similar to that found in old Ultima series. I really hope that the guy playing this video was simply rushing through the location avoiding any optional storyline events. In what we've seen there is only one building you can enter - inn. In Divinity 1 you could enter every single one, steal some goods or find some neat easter-eggs manuscripts, of course alongside with risking being kicked in the butt by the host. In the gameplay video npcs are all standing outside (maybe they are coming home at evening?), which reminds me a bit Gothic 3 (yew).

I'm still looking forward to the english version of the game hoping that the spirit of original Divinity series is still there.

Cheers and kudos for your work Larian team,

T
T
You can enter into several buildings in the village after the intro village, there are lots of chests and rooms that are locked. Also you can read the mind of everyone there and several npcs have hidden quests and items so there is a lot to discover. And not everything is in plain sight.

Originally Posted by flixerflax
I want to watch so bad, but I won't. Save all the goodness for when I get the game.

The same here - but man, how my fingers itch to check it out!!!

Last edited by The Endless; 24/07/09 10:54 AM.
Support
Support

From the (old) topic News from the front(3);

Originally Posted by Lar_q
When you’ll finally get your hands in the game, there’s only one thing I can advise you and that's to explore - there are plenty of detail layers and secrets within the world of Rivellon and quite a few of them are worth it. Mindreading also springs to mind as something which is worthwhile doing, there's some really cool ones in there, at least I thought so.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Sly Offline
stranger
stranger
Impressive.

Cant wait to play it.

old hand
old hand
It feels like watching a modern version of Divinity, some sound effects and music is similar. There are 11 up there now. It is really cool that there is a tutorial section in the beginning, though murdering rabbits in Aleroth was fun in getting the first level.

Did this guy steal a copy or does Germany have it now?

Well anyway the game does look very promising and finally a lot of questions I've had about how it works are answered. Though I'm hoping I can use hot keys to use stuff like potions similar to the first Divinity. The guy going into the menu, pausing the game all the time didn't seem too fun.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 26/07/09 01:07 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

The official German release was yesterday (friday), but many shops started selling it a day early.

The keyboard controls are re-mapable; presumably this would include hotkeys for potion use or spell selection...

old hand
old hand
Oh... I thought German and English would be released at the same time. Well at least the English will have far less bugs smile

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeah.
The International Version will hopefully have less bugs and glitches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard