Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#373534 03/08/09 01:23 PM
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Recommending div2 warmly to every RPG fan, there's an extensive video review to be found at Sevengames.de Even if you don't speak German, it should give you a good overview of what you can expect.

Looki.de , rating it 82%, stated that "Without a question, Divinity II: Ego Draconis is a good RPG that's fun."

Gamestar who awarded the game 83% also offers some extensive video coverage, highlighting many areas of the game.

Krawall.de awarded the game 81%, saying that "Divinity 2 is a good and beautiful RPG that I enjoyed playing very much"

Many German fans have also uploaded footage on Youtube. If you're not afraid of some spoilers, try searching YouTube with "Divinity II Ego Draconis."

old hand
old hand
Thanks for the update.
Most I already knew though wink
I'm very happy for Larian as there game is being recieved well by reviewers and fans. cheer
Totally check Youtube for Divinity 2 Gameplay videos theres lots. opa

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by lynn
Recommending div2 warmly to every RPG fan, there's an extensive video review to be found at Sevengames.de Even if you don't speak German, it should give you a good overview of what you can expect.

Looki.de , rating it 82%, stated that "Without a question, Divinity II: Ego Draconis is a good RPG that's fun."

Gamestar who awarded the game 83% also offers some extensive video coverage, highlighting many areas of the game.

Krawall.de awarded the game 81%, saying that "Divinity 2 is a good and beautiful RPG that I enjoyed playing very much"

Many German fans have also uploaded footage on Youtube. If you're not afraid of some spoilers, try searching YouTube with "Divinity II Ego Draconis."

Yeh i really do hope your game sells well,i can tell you now you have around another 15-23 sales from my RPG friends who have watched me playing laugh.

stranger
stranger
gogo madpaddy laugh

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks madpaddy, your reaction is like a sweet breeze for us who spent so many countless hours on making this game =)

Hot the Dimsums please...
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Hay np i have a big group of friends who all love playing games and RPG's ,i had around 6-7 come over at the weekend and after a few cold ones wink they all loved what they see so word has gone round to there friends etc,so me buying the german version has hopefully got you some more sales of the uk version when its out laugh.Just dont let me down by making a FPS lol keep them rpg's coming smile.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by DimSum
Thanks madpaddy, your reaction is like a sweet breeze for us who spent so many countless hours on making this game =)

Ps my wife is from thailand if you like dimsum try some thai noodles in spicey sauce Mmmm laugh.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
@Koen just like to say i love the art style aswell sort a greek/medieval/fantasy good work laugh.

stranger
stranger
Here's another german review:

- 4players surprisingly gave 82% ('surprisingly' because this online mag is known to usually give roundabout 10% less than other mags do laugh Great result...)

\:\)
stranger
stranger
@madpaddy, thanks for the support, glad you like the art style smile

apprentice
apprentice
Yes Yes noodles, sates, hot dimsums are all yummy ! smile

I think we all here *really* wish we had more hours in a day to do all the stuff we want to put into the game...but we are only human !

Hot the Dimsums please...
stranger
stranger
I bet the game will receive even better scores for the international version, since it probably won't have the annoyng skippy animations. Judging by the gameplay videos so far, Divinity II has some awesome NPC interactions, details, interesting quests and music. I can hardly wait to play it. wink

Last edited by RyuRanX; 04/08/09 02:37 AM.

Playing RPGs since Akalabeth.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RyuRanX
I bet the game will receive even better scores for the international version, since it probably won't have the annoyng skippy animations. Judging by the gameplay videos so far, Divinity II has some awesome NPC interactions, details, interesting quests and music. I can hardly wait to play it. wink

I doubt it would get higher scores.
It'll probably get around 7-8's.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Cyberblitzbirne
Here's another german review:

- 4players surprisingly gave 82% ('surprisingly' because this online mag is known to usually give roundabout 10% less than other mags do laugh Great result...)

Thank you for doing my work, Cyberblitzbirne hehe

I'll just add the following post and quote:

4Players reviewed Divinity II as well and was positively surprised by it. It's in German, but the reviewer (who rated it 82%) stated more than once that he never expected the game to be that much fun.

"Wow - I never expected Divinity II - Ego Draconis to be so much fun. The relatively simple game concept is so addictive that it just sucks you in. You really want to continue playing to become, step by step, an important dragon knight, a cause for which you'll destroy hordes of monsters."

old hand
old hand

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thank you, ArisEiswind up

K
stranger
stranger
K
i'm still thinking out a cunning plan how i'm going to buy Ego Draconis while i'm in China. It'd be nice to see it lying there on the table when i get back, smiling and whispering: "Hey, .. hey, you there. Yes you, install me and play me, i know you to ..."

Last edited by katar; 04/08/09 09:24 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I'm a little disapointed on the reviews so far on the game i have to say with sadness. Most average 80-83, and i was honestly expecting on the range of 85-89% for more international coverage.

It seems most reviews point out the same problems, i was wondering if larian is patching something to work-around this issues in time for the international version, because it would be a shame that international big sites would review the game low based on this unsolved issues.

We all know the animation problems, but it seems from the ppl i've talked to that the feature that works worst is the targeting mode, especialy in ranged situations. Some fights that have more than a couple targets are somewhat confusing since the auto-target mode doesnt give us all that much freedom.
Speaking of the targeting mode, even for chests / crates / etc, the system simply doesnt "feel" fast nor efective.

Best of luck with the reviews larian, especialy the international ones, heard its a war out there in the US review sites!

enthusiast
enthusiast
yeah, I've noticed they tend to be skimpy on points concerning non-american games, and favor the commercial backing of big names.

journeyman
journeyman
I think that 80+ is great score. horsey
Its not overhyped game like Call of Duty, Prince of Persia or Diablo which (will) get 90+ score after 30 mins (!) of playing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard