Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Wanted to make a separate thread, as this is pretty important I guess. From the other thread here, it appears that an announcement has been made for the release of Divinity 2 in the Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg) on September 25th.

It's available for preorder at Game Mania, where it has the release date set on that day, as well. On their site, I see no information regarding a Collector's Edition, though.

So I'll be going to a Game Mania this weekend and ask if they have any information regarding any special editions coming out. I'd really rather get the CE, but if the CE will only come out in December, I'll have to make do with just the game and perhaps buy a devaluated CE later on.

I would appreciate a heads-up from Larian on this issue as well, as the info, while seemingly reliable, is very scarce on the web, and gaming sites do tend to set release dates without having a lock on it.

Last edited by swordscythe; 11/09/09 04:50 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by swordscythe
Wanted to make a separate thread, as this is pretty important I guess. From the other thread here, it appears that an announcement has been made for the release of Divinity 2 in the Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg) on September 25th.

It's available for preorder at Game Mania, where it has the release date set on that day, as well. On their site, I see no information regarding a Collector's Edition, though.

So I'll be going to a Game Mania this weekend and ask if they have any information regarding any special editions coming out. I'd really rather get the CE, but if the CE will only come out in December, I'll have to make do with just the game and perhaps buy a devaluated CE later on.

I would appreciate a heads-up from Larian on this issue as well, as the info, while seemingly reliable, is very scarce on the web, and gaming sites do tend to set release dates without having a lock on it.

PLease forgive my innocense and ignorance on this matter but if a release in the benelux came out, would it be in english or is there another language planned for release there?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well, there are three official languages here, being Dutch, French and German, in that order. However, most of the populace speaks Dutch/French, and all games that come out here are in English, with a few (mostly children) games coming out in Dutch. Most Flemish gamers prefer English over Dutch. So if the release date and distribution info is correct, the version coming out would be in English.

It doesn't conflict with anything CDV is doing, because CDV is the North-American publisher, not the European one. It also makes sense, because I've seen quite a few previews in Belgian magazines about Ego Draconis. So it's not coming out of the blue. The September issue of a Belgian magazine I bought recently had a review already.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Whoa! whoa!

http://gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=000000000000022856

# Publisher: Eidos

Eidos? never heard of that before for D2.

Last edited by KnightPT; 11/09/09 06:57 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well the publisher for the Benelux is apparently a company who handles all benelux publishing for Square-Enix, Eidos, DTP Entertainment, and Southpeak Interactive.

old hand
old hand
This is great news (I'm Belgian myself). But since I already purchased the German version (I couldn't wait...) I'll be waiting a bit longer for the CE. smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
So any official news? It seems very unlikely the game will be released within two weeks while there's still no official confirmation.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Went to Game Mania today, and they assured me the release is planned that day. I preordered the game, and they'll let me know if there's a CE coming before release; so I can alter my preorder.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Well I find this very strange. Either there's a severe problem in Dtp's PR department, or they just don't care. I have seen nowhere the game will be released September 25th, except on that site. What a strange way to market a game, just dropping it on the market without any prior notice. What will they say on release date? "Oh yeah we forgot, the game's released in the EU btw"?

Last edited by mister_s; 12/09/09 03:58 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Mind you; the mail only says benelux, it says nothing about the rest of europe. The company who's releasing it only does the benelux side of things. Personally, I believe when it comes to magazines, Divinity II has had quite a bit of publicity lately, and maybe they thought the time was right to release here?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Well I will get the Xbox 360 version (PC can't even handle old games like Morrowind). And yeah Game mania let me pre order this game aswell. BTW don't get south of Belgium the french version? I should check a store in France if I can pre order it.

old hand
old hand
It is strange that theres no press release.
Since its coming so soon.
Betty or Lynn care to comment on this?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Did anyone try mailing Larian? I got no response.

apprentice
apprentice
I came on to check if Divinity 2 was out yet or not... apparently not?

apprentice
apprentice
i bet there's no CE coming
cuz we didn't get Larian any cake frown

veteran
veteran
Voila, there you go! wink

--

We'll confirm the Benelux release date before the end of the week.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lynn

--

Thank you, gorgeous pretty looking Lynn.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by lynn

--

Does that mean you'll confirm the September 25th date or confirm a date in general?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mister_s
Does that mean you'll confirm the September 25th date or confirm a date in general?

it's hard to imagine that Larian would state now that they are going to confirm September 25th as a release date by the end of the week. That would be a silly thing to do.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
lol@Myrthos. Indeed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard